Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bog standard. And that bald tight arsed git will make us pay over the odds, or include him in the Richarlison deal.

Probably not, no.
and that's got to be the bare minimum. We aren't going to bring in 3/4 world class players or big names anymore but any player we do sign has to be better or more consistent than the player they're replacing.
The jump from relegation battlers to say 12th is very small in comparison to jumping from top 8 to top 6. We were 3 wins from mid table. Dom and Yerry being fit all season would have probably been enough to secure those wins so it wouldn't take much to be a solid unit and then build on that.

Frank has got this. It is June the 12th, plenty of time yet

No doubt Frank will be asking for some decent players - and if the board were panicked enough to get De Beek, Ali, Patterson, El Ghazi and Myko in January then it's hard to see them not backing him to an extent.

As long as Baxendale, Therwell, Kenwright and Lampard care about their futures then they aren't going to bet it on Tom Davies coming good or whatever they thought a season ago.

The challenge will be attracting and paying for the right players.

It's hard to see us not in another relegation fight next year. We will have moved on a few key players and removed players that never get a game. The likes of Coleman, Davies, Keane and Townsend will be getting games...yikes
? Townsend is out till after the new year he won’t play again imo. Keane maybe sold and will probably be 4th choice if he stays, same Witt Davies 5th choice midfielder at best. And Coleman will be a squad player and again I don’t expect him to play that much.

Frank had this squad in 13th on the 17 games he managed, we had the worst injuries in the league and the worst refereeing decisions.
Law of averages would say that can’t happen again, well not as bad. This squad is comfortably a mid table squad.

Is Winks really that bad? I haven't watched enough of him to make a judgement so I'm genuinely curious.
Is he better than what we have?
He's definitely not that bad. A couple of years ago he'd have been way out of our league in all honesty. At this point though it's difficult to see him being a good value signing, and it would be a continuation of the same unimaginative business we've been doing for a while.

? Townsend is out till after the new year he won’t play again imo. Keane maybe sold and will probably be 4th choice if he stays, same Witt Davies 5th choice midfielder at best. And Coleman will be a squad player and again I don’t expect him to play that much.

Frank had this squad in 13th on the 17 games he managed, we had the worst injuries in the league and the worst refereeing decisions.
Law of averages would say that can’t happen again, well not as bad. This squad is comfortably a mid table squad.

Might be true of this squad, but take DCL and Richy out and I reckon we'd be in the mire.

Just wish we’d take some cheap punts. Derby, in League 1 now and almost out of business, what about the likes of Jason Knight and Lee Buchanan to add some quality squad depth?

No doubt we can’t sign them as they haven’t just been relegated from the PL or still play in it.

From memory, most if not all of these, are deemed talented and low and behold free.

View attachment 169797
I saw somewhere Palace & United are interested in Ebiowei.

Someone like Buchanan would be ideal for us, in that left back spot. Would come in but wouldn't need to go straight in the team and could deputise for Myko and challenge him aslo.
Would cost next to nothing and be a low wage also

I assure you you’re on ignore now, and stats say Dennis has a carbon copy play style of richarlison.

Stats in all comps between 2019-20, 2020-21 and 2021-22

Emmanuel Dennis:
Games Played - 81
Goals Scored - 21
GPG: 0.24

Richarlison
Games Played - 114
Goals Scored - 39
GPG: 0.35

Not quite carbon copy mate. Not to mention last season was the first time in his career Dennis has scored double figures in a season since his first season in Belgium.

I saw somewhere Palace & United are interested in Ebiowei.

Someone like Buchanan would be ideal for us, in that left back spot. Would come in but wouldn't need to go straight in the team and could deputise for Myko and challenge him aslo.
Would cost next to nothing and be a low wage also

Buchanan would be free if they don't excerise optional year.

Stats in all comps between 2019-20, 2020-21 and 2021-22

Emmanuel Dennis:
Games Played - 81
Goals Scored - 21
GPG: 0.24

Richarlison
Games Played - 114
Goals Scored - 39
GPG: 0.35

Not quite carbon copy mate. Not to mention last season was the first time in his career Dennis has scored double figures in a season since his first season in Belgium.
Dennis is 1 goal in 4 games there, while Richie is pretty much 1 in 3

Dennis probably played more as a striker alos

He's definitely not that bad. A couple of years ago he'd have been way out of our league in all honesty. At this point though it's difficult to see him being a good value signing, and it would be a continuation of the same unimaginative business we've been doing for a while.

For me it all depends who else we sign. Sometimes teams tend to sign the odd underwhelming players who are capable but nothing exciting to fill holes and compliment other players. If we sign Winks I wont be excited at all but I wont judge until the TW is shut and iv seen who else we sign.

If its part of the Richarlison deal and it allows us to make 1-2 marquee signings then fine.

I have a few Spurs mates and they all fairly rate him, good on the ball and looks forward just needs a fresh start elsewhere

KLP is an interesting one as he'd be able to play at LF / AM / RF so could be ideal really. He and Gordon could be moved around with Dobbin / Gray brought in if needed.
Still sounds frighteningly bad. Gordon who can't finish his dinner. Gray who is absolutely useless. Dobbin who has played about 10 minutes of first team football, and a lad who hasn't played in this division before (not saying we shouldn't go for him, by the way). Oh and Townsend who was already a yard off the pace before an almost career-ending injury. Nice options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back