Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone out there half decent with an arm on them? Because last seasons 'long' throws were making me lose the will to live
I think the simple solution to that is to bin off the long throws rather than look for somoene who can throw the ball pretty far. Delap worked because his was really flat and low and he could find just about anyone. Everyone else just lobs it in miles above the pitch.

?then who? He is the budget signing with 10 goals in the PL last season.

You cant ignore 10 goals and 6 assists in the PL, especially as they came in one of the worst teams, Richarlison was 10 goals and 5 assists and 3 were penalties. He also comes with a pedigree - his CL stuff is impressive, clearly a talent there both in previous history and current evidence, anecdotally full tilt he looks a player. I wouldn't dismiss the reported attitude problems, but i see Moyes is also interested and he is notoriously a stickler for attitude.

Looking at it, he got annoyed for being pulled over for speeding - hes a young black man, so who knows what went on there or what was going on in his mind. He left the bus over a seat, seemed Covid was at play there. His brother died amongst all of that, certainly grief can send any of us into a tailspin of coping and cause any of us to make mistakes, we're all human.

Im open minded on the lid, ive liked what ive seen and i think Lampard is a good man manager and manages with clear boundaries but also has good relationships with his players. I want this lad to play football successfully, not to babysit kids, so id have a open minded approach on attitude with clear red lines, but i think there is context here, its a risk Vs reward thing.

Id like to ask a question...aside from 23rd October (our game) - 28th December.

Which part of this guys career or general play makes you think hes worth £20mil+ ?

Im confident it wasnt the 2nd half of the season when he downed tools...and im sure it wasnt pre Watford when aside from being a total bad egg he didnt exactly tear up leagues.

Yeah, and I don’t disagree with that, it’s the money that I object to. They bought him for 3.6 mill, wish we were doing that kind of business

Football does exist outside of the PL though. We do this time and time again and it's an approach that is about 20 years out of date. We seem to insist on managers/players having this need for 'PL experience' The best managers/players in the league in recent years came into it without any PL experience. I know it's all just paper/twitter talk at the moment but a lot of the names being banded around at the moment, I'm not seeing much improvement next season tbh.
I agree I wouldn't pay 20m for him either but we could probably deal around 15m. Take the point about this obsession with PL experience we should be finding these players before they come to this country, but I believe we need two forwards/wingers so say we got Dennis and KLP (or another)if we sold Richy that would help spread the load. That being said I hope we are looking at a range of options he might just be on the list.

Which part of this guys career or general play makes you think hes worth £20mil+ ?

Im confident it wasnt the 2nd half of the season when he downed tools...and im sure it wasnt pre Watford when aside from being a total bad egg he didnt exactly tear up leagues.
Get that down to £15m. If not drop some names. You probably will say some 19 years old who never plays in the PL.

This video is an interesting take on what Everton need in the summer, I dont agree with all of it but he seems to have done his homework, scouting and stats to put a case forward for each player he suggests...

He's looked good for Ukraine playing in the middle, would imagine he'd need to be part of a 3 though. A loan would be ideal, but doubt City would go for it.

Zinchenko - Allan - Doucoure

Looks a bit better but would love to see an upgrade on Allan and Doucoure too. Maybe next season.
Whilst I like Zinchenko, I wouldn't want to see him playing alongside Allan and Doucoure in a 3. None of them are genuine DMs.

We NEED a genuine DM. Urgently. Happy to have Zinchenko come in as a box2box CM, but not if it stops us getting the DM we need.

Get that down to £15m. If not drop some names. You probably will say some 19 years old who never plays in the PL.

So now you want to spend £15mil on a player whose had 2 amazing months (primarily as a centre forward) in his whole career.

Thats a career riddled with disciplinary issues lol

I can drop plenty of names thanks, why cant they be "19 year olds who never play in the PL" ?

Can they be human? Or do they need to be dreadful players like Dennis?

Sometimes the obvious is right in front of you....KLP.

This video is an interesting take on what Everton need in the summer, I dont agree with all of it but he seems to have done his homework, scouting and stats to put a case forward for each player he suggests...

Public service announcement: when watching this video, do so on mute with the subtitles on. This chap's spoken English is enough to make your ears cry.

We need a creative midfielder, it’s painfully obvious.

Doucoure, Davies, Allan, Gbamin etc., just aren’t them type of players. We need a creator of chances

I mean, we spent 35m+ on richie who had just scored 5 goals at Watford and was quite poor for half a season after Silva left (didnt score or assist from 16th december onwards that season). He hadn't exactly tore it up prior to them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.