Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koulibaly like Mina has one year remaining on his contract.

I wonder if we could offer Napoli a swap deal with £10-15mil going their way?
Watching Koulibaly, he isn't the player he was two to three years ago

If Mina could stay fit he would be the better center back of the two, I believe there are better options out there as Koulibaly would want a massive contract taking well into his mid thirties, then we are looking at another Ashley Williams

Swerve!

If Mina could stay fit he would be the better center back of the two, I believe there are better options out there as Koulibaly would want a massive contract taking well into his mid thirties, then we are looking at another Ashley Williams

Swerve!

Bremer, Torino is the one.

Interesting article on Chelsea's transfer plans for summer:

These would be their midfielders:

(Rice/Tchouameni, Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Gallagher, Gilmour). Also Mount, Havertz more advanced.

These would be their centre backs:

Kounde, Sarr, Silva, Chalobah, Colwill, Ampadu, Miazaga,

There may be an opportunity for us to take all three of Gallagher, Gilmour and Colwill in the summer...

Pity we didnt sign Tchouameni a year ago.

Not questioning your views mate, but if he was terrible why did PSG sign him for 32million?

I know clubs have signed bad players in the past, but they normally play well to get moves in the first place.

Just curious, never seen this lad kick a ball.
I was very surprised they paid that much to be honest. And when I have seen him play for PSG (he's not played a huge amount), he doesn't look to have got any better.

Like I said, for me, it is the fact that he looks like he should have all the tools to be good but the overall player is way off it - a lot like Barkley (only Diallo is a defender obviously).

I have no idea about his stats, it is based off the eye test, but he was just a bit of a car crash. Did seem to win a fair few tackles. Everything else on the other hand ?

Also, I feel we need a dominant CB, particularly so if Mina goes in the summer. Agree with Zat - Bremer or Kim Min-Jae for me.

I was very surprised they paid that much to be honest. And when I have seen him play for PSG (he's not played a huge amount), he doesn't look to have got any better.

Like I said, for me, it is the fact that he looks like he should have all the tools to be good but the overall player is way off it - a lot like Barkley (only Diallo is a defender obviously).

I have no idea about his stats, it is based off the eye test, but he was just a bit of a car crash. Did seem to win a fair few tackles. Everything else on the other hand ?

Also, I feel we need a dominant CB, particularly so if Mina goes in the summer. Agree with Zat - Bremer or Kim Min-Jae for me.
I wonder, because he can play defensive midfield and left back. If that was the reason for targeting him, just on a loan. I think we will go for maybe 2 CB’s, if we can get Holgate and Keane out. And it looks like Mina will go.

Maybe a young CB with big potential, not a branthwaite, someone who’s had at least a couple of seasons of mens football. To compete with Godfrey for the 2nd spot And maybe a more experienced CB as first choice. Some CB’s availables on a free in the summer Amd some quality ones enter their final year. Koulibaly, Skrinaar, De Vrij. Obviously these will be Difficult to get, but I do Frank will have a pull as a manger.

I wonder, because he can play defensive midfield and left back. If that was the reason for targeting him, just on a loan. I think we will go for maybe 2 CB’s, if we can get Holgate and Keane out. And it looks like Mina will go.

Maybe a young CB with big potential, not a branthwaite, someone who’s had at least a couple of seasons of mens football. To compete with Godfrey for the 2nd spot And maybe a more experienced CB as first choice. Some CB’s availables on a free in the summer Amd some quality ones enter their final year. Koulibaly, Skrinaar, De Vrij. Obviously these will be Difficult to get, but I do Frank will have a pull as a manger.
Possibly. I really like the look of Branthwaite tbh.

In an ideal world: punt Keane and Holgate. Keep Branthwaite and Godfrey.

I would keep Mina, but if the club sell him, sign Bremer and Kim. Then look for another young, pacy CB to join the youth ranks.

My view:

6 Out of contract:

• Sigurdsson (100.000£)
  • Tosun (60.000£)
  • Kenny (15.000£)
  • Delph (80.000£)
  • Begovic ???
  • Lonergan ???
That will free up wages around 3 mil. each week which is pretty much.

5 To sell or being released:
  • Holgate (15 mil.)
  • Gbamin (10 mil.)
  • Iwobi (10 mil. - or zero?!)
  • Rondon (will probably be released)
  • Allan (15 mil. - i think he will be sold in order to free up money for a #6)
Best case scenario: Total income of 50 mil.
Worst/realistic case scenario: Income of 30 mil. and we still stuck with Gbamin & Iwobi

2 Loans expire:
  • Van De Beek (120.000£)
  • El Ghazi (30.000£)

Free up 150.000£ in weekly wages.

Total amount of players: 21

Squad Overlook:

GK: Pickford / Virginia / Tyrer or Crellin
RB: Patterson / Coleman
CB: Godfrey / Keane
CB: Mina / Branthwaite
LB: Mykolenko / Nkounkou (Godfrey)
DM: ??? / ???
CM: Doucoure / Gomes / Onyango
AM: Alli / ?
LF: Richarlison / Gordon
CF: DCL / Dobbin
RF: Gray / Townsend

Think it is pretty obvious, that we will have a very busy summer. We desperately need reinforcements in the #6-position (which is key in Lampards 4-3-3-). Furthermore there are serious questionmarks regarding our left back-situation and no. #10-position if Dele Alli performs poorly.

4 prioritized must buys:

- #6-position (key-area)
- Backup to a #6-position
- Replacement for DvB (#8-position)
- Backup for Dele Alli in #10-position (Replacement for Gylfi)

Thoughts:

Left back-situation:

If Nkounkou turns out to be utterly crap, I think Godfrey will cover for Mykolenko and the club will be looking for a new CB or we would keep hold of Holgate. I trust Ashley Cole and Baines to be perfect guidance in this area.

Young Guns:
I think and hope that surely Gordon and perhaps Dobbin and Onyango will explode under the management of Frank Lampard.
@Zatara meet @vincevega
@vincevega meet @Zatara
Now get a room and 2 playstations

Swerve!
We need to be identifying players on an upward curve, not a downward curve. Paying big money for older players has failed.

We need to be identifying players on an upward curve, not a downward curve. Paying big money for older players has failed.

Like these. Would love to go after Carvalho if Richarlison is going to leave. If we stay up and get midtable Frank Lampard is a great selling point for youngsters looking to play top flight football after his Chelsea stint.

My view:

6 Out of contract:

• Sigurdsson (100.000£)
  • Tosun (60.000£)
  • Kenny (15.000£)
  • Delph (80.000£)
  • Begovic ???
  • Lonergan ???
That will free up wages around 3 mil. each week which is pretty much.

5 To sell or being released:
  • Holgate (15 mil.)
  • Gbamin (10 mil.)
  • Iwobi (10 mil. - or zero?!)
  • Rondon (will probably be released)
  • Allan (15 mil. - i think he will be sold in order to free up money for a #6)
Best case scenario: Total income of 50 mil.
Worst/realistic case scenario: Income of 30 mil. and we still stuck with Gbamin & Iwobi

2 Loans expire:
  • Van De Beek (120.000£)
  • El Ghazi (30.000£)

Free up 150.000£ in weekly wages.

Total amount of players: 21

Squad Overlook:

GK: Pickford / Virginia / Tyrer or Crellin
RB: Patterson / Coleman
CB: Godfrey / Keane
CB: Mina / Branthwaite
LB: Mykolenko / Nkounkou (Godfrey)
DM: ??? / ???
CM: Doucoure / Gomes / Onyango
AM: Alli / ?
LF: Richarlison / Gordon
CF: DCL / Dobbin
RF: Gray / Townsend

Think it is pretty obvious, that we will have a very busy summer. We desperately need reinforcements in the #6-position (which is key in Lampards 4-3-3-). Furthermore there are serious questionmarks regarding our left back-situation and no. #10-position if Dele Alli performs poorly.

4 prioritized must buys:

- #6-position (key-area)
- Backup to a #6-position
- Replacement for DvB (#8-position)
- Backup for Dele Alli in #10-position (Replacement for Gylfi)

Thoughts:

Left back-situation:

If Nkounkou turns out to be utterly crap, I think Godfrey will cover for Mykolenko and the club will be looking for a new CB or we would keep hold of Holgate. I trust Ashley Cole and Baines to be perfect guidance in this area.

Young Guns:
I think and hope that surely Gordon and perhaps Dobbin and Onyango will explode under the management of Frank Lampard.
The bottom line of your post is my biggest hope

Is it the 1st June we can celebrate the departures of;

Tosun
Iceland
Delph

I forgot anyone?

I’ll get my bottle of Asti in the cooler ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back