Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This concerns me as he has looked utter dross every time I have seen him play. Thought he was terrible at Dortmund. He was one of those players that seems to have all the tools required to be a top player but somehow it just isn't right overall. Favre also stuck him out at LB a few times which didn't help him.

I may be completely wrong, but it really concerns me if he is the type of defender we are looking at.
To be honest I'd never even heard of the lad until a week ago. I've watched him in the knockout stages of the ANC for Senegal and tbh I think he looks decent. He's strong, very quick, stays on his feet when defending, appears to have a decent left peg on him, and can play both left centre back and left back. He came through the French youth system and since he decided to represent Senegal last year has established himself as first choice for them. Now seems surplus to requirements at PSG who look certain to buy the young Portuguese lad Mendes in the summer. Still only 25 and it's 3 years since his move from Dortmund to PSG. Are your only reservations his form at Dortmund 3 years ago or have you followed his career at PSG too? To me he looks exactly the sort of player we should be looking at. Sign him and look to move on maybe both Keane and Holgate.

Hes on loan for a total of 2 seasons, so one more season to go.

At that point, if Juventus finish top 4 (i think they will next year if they stick with Allegri) then we get a £28mil fee for him on top of the loan deal.

I think that ship has sailed and id be interested to see if Lampard brings in another young player e.g Broja to rotate and develop or goes for some experience up top.
Agh ok , explains it .

£28m will be excellent, and yes.. I agree that the ship has sailed , although personally , I would of liked to see a bit more of him given his potential . Such a shame it didn't work out with him

Agh ok , explains it .

£28m will be excellent, and yes.. I agree that the ship has sailed , although personally , I would of liked to see a bit more of him given his potential . Such a shame it didn't work out with him

The younger player im most excited about is Branthwaite.

That boy to my untrained eyes looks like the type who one of the top clubs sign and he becomes a starter and England player before long.

Hopefully he develops further and breaks into the 11 this season.

On my opinion assuming Richy is sold, but DCL stays, Keane or Mina leaves (one not both) and Holgate goes

And we retain all major first team players (not including Coleman, Gomes)

Then realistically looking through the squad, we would need the following.

Cover at lb/rb, we have Nkoukou returning this summer from Leige, so rb effectively.

Centre back we need at least one better than we have (mina aside) Sarr from Chelsea as an option. We have Godfrey, Braithwaite who hopefully develop.

We need a 'pivot' midfielder - Gilmour the obvious candidate as he's done it for Lampard before, then one or two more midfielders depending on Ali and if we manage to keep VdB (VdB and Gallacher)

We need another quality forward - Broja again another option there.

If Richy went I'd honestly just look at Sarr, Gilmour, Gallagher and Broja from Chelsea it'd probably cost us 100m or more but would massively strengthen us right through the spine of the team.
Chelsea won’t part with Gallagher and Broja. Not sure about Sarr, as Chelsea have 3 CBS out of contract in the summer. Gilmour being sold depends on Kante’s fitness, and whoever is bought.

Interesting article on Chelsea's transfer plans for summer:

These would be their midfielders:

(Rice/Tchouameni, Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Gallagher, Gilmour). Also Mount, Havertz more advanced.

These would be their centre backs:

Kounde, Sarr, Silva, Chalobah, Colwill, Ampadu, Miazaga,

There may be an opportunity for us to take all three of Gallagher, Gilmour and Colwill in the summer...

Pity we didnt sign Tchouameni a year ago.
No way Gallagher will be sold.

That boy to my untrained eyes looks like the type who one of the top clubs sign and he becomes a starter and England player before long.

Agree with that lad.

Surprised he hasn't been given a run of games over Holdgate or Godfrey.

Frank may give him a shot. Hope so

Yes, same . Really like the look of him . He will definitely come on good

Chelsea won’t part with Gallagher and Broja. Not sure about Sarr, as Chelsea have 3 CBS out of contract in the summer. Gilmour being sold depends on Kante’s fitness, and whoever is bought.
You lost 3 youngsters last season. Gallagher & Broja. Won’t want to come back and sit on the bench. And Borja may not even make the bench. Maybe because he has 4yrs left he goes back out on loan next season. I’m not sure Gallagher will won’t another loan.

Gilmour has a year left in the summer, so a good chance he goes

Totally agree. He looked fresh in training today also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back