Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You lost 3 youngsters last season. Gallagher & Broja. Won’t want to come back and sit on the bench. And Borja may not even make the bench. Maybe because he has 4yrs left he goes back out on loan next season. I’m not sure Gallagher will won’t another loan.

Gilmour has a year left in the summer, so a good chance he goes
Tuchel has stated on several occasions that he’s a big admirer of Gallagher, so he will get plenty of opportunities. With how Lukaku has been playing, Broja will likely also get plenty of opportunities. Luckily both are Chelsea fans, and have made it clear they wish to play for Chelsea.

Just because Gilmour’s contract expires Summer 2023 doesn’t mean it won’t be extended.

Diallo at PSG was close to signing apparently but couldn’t get it over the line in time.

Also see we are trying to get Muller in the summer ?

I remember at Chelsea he wanted to move out alot of players as he preferred working with a small(er) squad.

Keeper: Would any of our current keepers take the 2 backup slots behind Pickford? Is Virginia going to return or will Sporting take the option to buy?

Defence: Will Lampard 'twist' and bring in a top class starter and a highly promising 4th choice to go with Godfrey and Branthwaite?

Is Nkounkou going to be an option at left back and will we bring in a right back to compete with Patterson.

Midfield: We now have Alli along with two units in Doucoure and Onyango. To set us up as a front foot attacking team he'll need to bring in 2 or 3 more midfielders.

Attack: We should have 5 players for the 3 positions; Richarlison, Gray, DCL, Gordon, Dobbin. Numbers wise we look fine aside from a player to rotate with DCL.

Certainly wouldnt loan out Branthwaite or Dobbin. Id prefer to have them as squad options and develop under Lampard.
I can see us buying a whole new midfield this summer tbh. Or at least 2 new players in there.

Tuchel has stated on several occasions that he’s a big admirer of Gallagher, so he will get plenty of opportunities. With how Lukaku has been playing, Broja will likely also get plenty of opportunities. Luckily both are Chelsea fans, and have made it clear they wish to play for Chelsea.

Just because Gilmour’s contract expires Summer 2023 doesn’t mean it won’t be extended.
I think you’re putting to much hope on them being Chelsea fans. Gilmour isn’t a Chelsea fan, so does he definitely leave?

The 3 youngsters who left last summer. Where they Chelsea fans? The end of the day, it’s all different now, players want to play and agents have definitely a bigger influence on young players now.

We took Lukaku on loan, it was only going to be a loan. But he pushed for the move, be the didn’t want to be a bit part player. Again the young striker, for a season will probably take sitting on the bench and get the odd start in the cups.

But Gallagher has had 3 yrs of loans, I don’t think he will be happy having a big part role. Who’s place does he take?

To be honest I'd never even heard of the lad until a week ago. I've watched him in the knockout stages of the ANC for Senegal and tbh I think he looks decent. He's strong, very quick, stays on his feet when defending, appears to have a decent left peg on him, and can play both left centre back and left back. He came through the French youth system and since he decided to represent Senegal last year has established himself as first choice for them. Now seems surplus to requirements at PSG who look certain to buy the young Portuguese lad Mendes in the summer. Still only 25 and it's 3 years since his move from Dortmund to PSG. Are your only reservations his form at Dortmund 3 years ago or have you followed his career at PSG too? To me he looks exactly the sort of player we should be looking at. Sign him and look to move on maybe both Keane and Holgate.
No, I've seen him at PSG too (they seem to follow Favre's thing of playing him at LB a lot).

I just really haven't seen anything in him that makes me think he would be a top CB. I could be wrong - football is a game of opinions after all. However, I have been so unimpressed that I felt the need to comment on it ?‍♂️

You're better off asking one of the posters who watch more football than me really. The lad could turn out to be great great us of we sign him; just sharing my opinion.

Like I said, Kim Min-Jae or Bremer look more like what we need to me.

No, I've seen him at PSG too (they seem to follow Favre's thing of playing him at LB a lot).

I just really haven't seen anything in him that makes me think he would be a top CB. I could be wrong - football is a game of opinions after all. However, I have been so unimpressed that I felt the need to comment on it ?‍♂️

You're better off asking one of the posters who watch more football than me really. The lad could turn out to be great great us of we sign him; just sharing my opinion.

No idea on Kim Min-Jae. Hes only played in Korea, China and Turkey so I wouldnt expect him to look top notch too quickly.

Bremer on the other hand looked massively inconsistent until now its finally clicked for him this season.

Shades of Koulibaly when he first joined Napoli and Sarri coached him to within one inch of his life.

I reckon Bremer would be fairly cheap as well and I always advocate signing Brazilians of a certain type.

So far what I've seen of him for Senegal and the couple of YouTube videos I've seen (yes I know) he's looked impressive. He certainly has the physical attributes required.

I'll probably quickly forget about him now unless we're linked with him again in the summer.

Are you in Russia or Ukraine? Get to watch both countries big league games or not so much?

That Mykolenko has been highly rated since he turned 18 but have you heard of / seen Zakarnyi?

He looks like hes going to be some Centre back.

I think if Mykolenko can adapt over the next few months and preseason then it may be something which helps us attract more players from the region and with him here and Zinchenko down the road they may be able to settle quickly -- and perhaps a bit younger than usual when they come into the major leagues.
See the odd big game from Ukraine mate, tend to watch a fair bit of the Russian league.

Got a soft spot for Spartak, sadly they're a bit crap :)

Chelsea won’t part with Gallagher and Broja. Not sure about Sarr, as Chelsea have 3 CBS out of contract in the summer. Gilmour being sold depends on Kante’s fitness, and whoever is bought.
Why not mate, this is Chelsea we are talking about, they've literally had one manager whose brought through any academy players into that team and he's now at Goodison ?

Tuchel playing Mount and James doesn't mean he promotes youth, they'd already been integrated into the side by Lampard.

Gilmour will ? be sold this summer, he has 12 months left and Chelsea don't lose players on frees if they can avoid it, their entire business model is founded on cashing in on them.

As for Broja, they where listening to offers fir him already mate, you think Tuchel is gonna start him next year, no chance on earth. Same with Gallacher - he'll return, find himself down the pecking order as Chelsea will as they always do go out and buy 'proven' ahead of playing younger players.

But the examples of Lukaku, De Bruyne, Rice and many others lead you to believe they won't sell any of these?

The younger player im most excited about is Branthwaite.

That boy to my untrained eyes looks like the type who one of the top clubs sign and he becomes a starter and England player before long.

Hopefully he develops further and breaks into the 11 this season.
I think Branthwaite along with Gordon, Dobbin, Patterson and a few others must be absolutely buzzing at the prospect of Lampard as manager. He will give them the belief that the pathway is there to a regular first team slot.

See the odd big game from Ukraine mate, tend to watch a fair bit of the Russian league.

Got a soft spot for Spartak, sadly they're a bit crap :)

I remember they were in the european games during the 90s...

Why not mate, this is Chelsea we are talking about, they've literally had one manager whose brought through any academy players into that team and he's now at Goodison ?

Tuchel playing Mount and James doesn't mean he promotes youth, they'd already been integrated into the side by Lampard.

Gilmour will ? be sold this summer, he has 12 months left and Chelsea don't lose players on frees if they can avoid it, their entire business model is founded on cashing in on them.

As for Broja, they where listening to offers fir him already mate, you think Tuchel is gonna start him next year, no chance on earth. Same with Gallacher - he'll return, find himself down the pecking order as Chelsea will as they always do go out and buy 'proven' ahead of playing younger players.

But the examples of Lukaku, De Bruyne, Rice and many others lead you to believe they won't sell any of these?

My guess is Gilmour, Gallagher and Colwill are all available for the right price.

Chelsea tend to be fine selling players at their stages and reinvesting in those who are around their peak or close to it.

Otherwise the managers get sacked as the results arent at their peak.

I think Branthwaite along with Gordon, Dobbin, Patterson and a few others must be absolutely buzzing at the prospect of Lampard as manager. He will give them the belief that the pathway is there to a regular first team slot.

Definitely think with most of our better players being u25 theirs going to he a very positive mood around the camp.

Tuchel says he's a fan of everyone when he's asked about them mate ?
Why would Gilmour extend? Especially if Lampard wants to take him here, and so far down the pecking order.
Bruja 'should' be kept and should get minutes, yet Chelsea journos reported that you where more than willing to sell him maybe with some buy back clause which is very believable as it's how Chelsea operate.

And yup Gallacher 'should' be kept and become a major part of that team next season BUT if you go bring in rice and others for a huge amount he'll drop down the pecking order and quite feasible you sell him if a sizeable offer comes in with a buy back involved.

All this assuming Tuchel isn't sacked this season which is no guarantee, if he is then depends who you bring in what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back