Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect us to be linked with every Chelsea player between now and the end of the summer window, personally I am counting down to “deadwood day” in the summer, when all those players, who barely play for us, contracts run out and we wave them off with a hearty, “so long, fare well, see you never”

Tuchel says he's a fan of everyone when he's asked about them mate ?
Why would Gilmour extend? Especially if Lampard wants to take him here, and so far down the pecking order.
Bruja 'should' be kept and should get minutes, yet Chelsea journos reported that you where more than willing to sell him maybe with some buy back clause which is very believable as it's how Chelsea operate.

And yup Gallacher 'should' be kept and become a major part of that team next season BUT if you go bring in rice and others for a huge amount he'll drop down the pecking order and quite feasible you sell him if a sizeable offer comes in with a buy back involved.

All this assuming Tuchel isn't sacked this season which is no guarantee, if he is then depends who you bring in what happens

Expect us to be linked with every Chelsea player between now and the end of the summer window, personally I am counting down to “deadwood day” in the summer, when all those players, who barely play for us, contracts run out and we wave them off with a hearty, “so long, fare well, see you never”

I think any highly rated Chelsea player aged 17-23 will be going online and looking at property prices in Cheshire from now till the summer.

They will see how hard it is to get into the Chelsea squad or off on random loans...and think they could be getting fast tracked under Lampard.

I think any highly rated Chelsea player aged 17-23 will be going online and looking at property prices in Cheshire from now till the summer.

They will see how hard it is to get into the Chelsea squad or off on random loans...and think they could be getting fast tracked under Lampard.

Im sure there are new rules limiting loans out which will affect Chelsea especially hard supposedly due to the number of players they farm out every season.

If we can sort the books out for the summer there could be a good opportunity to bring 2-3 of their good young players in.

Im sure there are new rules limiting loans out which will affect Chelsea especially hard supposedly due to the number of players they farm out every season.

If we can sort the books out for the summer there could be a good opportunity to bring 2-3 of their good young players in.

Hopefully a mass clearout of alot of our squad players:

Tosun, Sig, Kenny, Delph, Lonergan, Begovic =6 Out of contract

9 Mina, Keane, Holgate, Gomes, Davies, Iwobi, Allan, Gbamin, Rondon = Sold.

Pickford (+2 keepers) Nkonkou, Mykolenko, Branthwaite, Godfrey, Doucoure, Onyango, Alli, Patterson, Gray, Gordon, Dobbin, DCL, Richarlison = 16 players to keep and maybe they hold onto Coleman and Townsend for a season as well...takes us to 18.

So moving out 15 players we still have an 18 man squad.

Pickford (+2 keepers) Nkonkou, Mykolenko, Branthwaite, Godfrey, Doucoure, Onyango, Alli, Patterson, Gray, Gordon, Dobbin, DCL, Richarlison = 16 players to keep and maybe they hold onto Coleman and Townsend for a season as well...takes us to 18.

When have we ever sold 9 players in one window

Tuchel says he's a fan of everyone when he's asked about them mate ?
Why would Gilmour extend? Especially if Lampard wants to take him here, and so far down the pecking order.
Bruja 'should' be kept and should get minutes, yet Chelsea journos reported that you where more than willing to sell him maybe with some buy back clause which is very believable as it's how Chelsea operate.

And yup Gallacher 'should' be kept and become a major part of that team next season BUT if you go bring in rice and others for a huge amount he'll drop down the pecking order and quite feasible you sell him if a sizeable offer comes in with a buy back involved.

All this assuming Tuchel isn't sacked this season which is no guarantee, if he is then depends who you bring in what happens

The thing with Chelsea is, they are thoughtful and smart about their loan moves, and ultimately moving people on.

For Gallagher, I'd imagine theyd want him to do one final jump, at a better club than Palace. The difficulty they have is your Arsenals and Tottenhams are just close enough to be rivals, so wont be them. In honesty, if we didnt have Lampard, we would have bo chance, as it would be sideways move. But with Lampard, and some better players being introduced, you can see why they might feel it's a better bridging loan than maybe having him on the fringes.

Re Gilmour, you are exactly right. 12 months on his deal wich means they are negotiating from a position if weakness. I think if he indicates he wants to go, they will try and get as much as they can for him.

In a way, the fact he had such a bad experience at Norwich will probably help us, and mean he wants to work with a manager who knows him.

I struggle to believe we could have that big of a turnover in squad, 15 players out, you have to remember that for the ones on a contract, someone has to want to buy them.

I think certainly the 6 out of contract will go. Out of the other 9, I could see us selling maybe 2. Probably Allan and one of the CB’s, as there may be demand for them. Personally I would keep Allan though, he is one of our better players.

If we did all that I would say we would need 6 players in

2 CB’, 2 CM, 1 CF, 1 winger

That’s a lot of business for us.

I predict that Donny will act as the #8 in our team, linking defence and attack whilst someone like Allan sits. Dele will be further forward. He’ll be quality but United won’t sell him to us, and we’ll buy Gilmour from Chelsea in the summer to replace him.

This is real life not fifa - no way we're selling 9 of the first team squad. Too much disruption.

We won't sell both CBs, but hopefully Mikky Keane can pack his bags. Think we'll want to keep Holdgate as a squad player, but in the longer term he's got to go unless Lamps gets a tune out of him.

No-one is gonna buy Jean Powered Grenade. Gomes similar, big wages and can't tackle since the injury. Can see Davies going though, although I quite like having him around, for no real reason. However if we can get one of them out and a good CM in then that is good business. Don't know why we'd want to sell Allan - one of our better players and a transfer weakens the squad significantly. We need some experience in amongst all the young boys.

Can see Rondon being shown the door, but if we lose Tosun and don't get another Striker then he'll have to stay. Hope Iwobi goes but again, will anyone be willing to pay his wages? Got a feeling he'll run his contract down here.

We need to ship out at least one defender (Keane), one midfielder (Gomes/JPG/TD), and an attacker (Iwobi/Rondon) and replace them directly with quality.

Shipping the rest is a nice to have

Chelsea have shown to be more than happy to sell their youngsters for reasonable amounts but they insist on buy-back clauses or first options
Would prefer to not be developing players for them, but in the interim it could be worthwhile

MUST SELL/GIVE AWAY:
  • At least one of Keane/Holgate
  • Iwobi
  • Rondon
  • Davies
  • Gomes
Coleman to become backup right back next season. Nkounkou backup left back. Branthwaite to challenge Godfrey and Mina, with a new centre back brought in. Gordon and a new wide player to challenge for a starting role, Townsend to be more of an impact player as he was always intended to be. A new central midfielder brought in who can pass a football and help us make the transition from defence to attack. A new striker brought in.

That's 5/6 out, with the 5/6 players out of contract too, and four brought in: CB, CM, WG, ST. Surely doable, especially under a new manager.

This is real life not fifa - no way we're selling 9 of the first team squad. Too much disruption.

We won't sell both CBs, but hopefully Mikky Keane can pack his bags. Think we'll want to keep Holdgate as a squad player, but in the longer term he's got to go unless Lamps gets a tune out of him.

No-one is gonna buy Jean Powered Grenade. Gomes similar, big wages and can't tackle since the injury. Can see Davies going though, although I quite like having him around, for no real reason. However if we can get one of them out and a good CM in then that is good business. Don't know why we'd want to sell Allan - one of our better players and a transfer weakens the squad significantly. We need some experience in amongst all the young boys.

Can see Rondon being shown the door, but if we lose Tosun and don't get another Striker then he'll have to stay. Hope Iwobi goes but again, will anyone be willing to pay his wages? Got a feeling he'll run his contract down here.

We need to ship out at least one defender (Keane), one midfielder (Gomes/JPG/TD), and an attacker (Iwobi/Rondon) and replace them directly with quality.

Shipping the rest is a nice to have
I don't even think disruption is the issue (a number of those named aren't/are unlikely to be regulars in the side anyway, and disrupting the squad wouldn't be a bad thing to be honest) it's more just the logistics of it. Losing that many players and having to bring in maybe 8/9 to replace them is just a lot of work and maybe a bit much to expect in one summer, particularly with either no DoF or someone brand new to the role.

The list doesn't include some players who may decide they want to go (DCL, Richarlison, Pickford in particular) or Coleman who might decide he's had enough. That would obviously mean even more work. There are some players on it who might want to go - Holgate for example turns 26 early next season, if he's happy to stay as a squad player then he's probably resigning himself to that role for his entire career, and Mina only has one year left. If they go then Keane pretyy much has to stay. I'd be surprised if a couple of the midfielders don't go, even if it's only on loan. Lampard is definitely going to want to improve that area and we can't have Alli, Doucoure, Allan, Gomes, Davies and Gbamin all on the books with another couple joining them. You'd hope at least a couple of them actually want to play football and so look to move on.

I don't even think disruption is the issue (a number of those named aren't/are unlikely to be regulars in the side anyway, and disrupting the squad wouldn't be a bad thing to be honest) it's more just the logistics of it. Losing that many players and having to bring in maybe 8/9 to replace them is just a lot of work and maybe a bit much to expect in one summer, particularly with either no DoF or someone brand new to the role.

The list doesn't include some players who may decide they want to go (DCL, Richarlison, Pickford in particular) or Coleman who might decide he's had enough. That would obviously mean even more work. There are some players on it who might want to go - Holgate for example turns 26 early next season, if he's happy to stay as a squad player then he's probably resigning himself to that role for his entire career, and Mina only has one year left. If they go then Keane pretyy much has to stay. I'd be surprised if a couple of the midfielders don't go, even if it's only on loan. Lampard is definitely going to want to improve that area and we can't have Alli, Doucoure, Allan, Gomes, Davies and Gbamin all on the books with another couple joining them. You'd hope at least a couple of them actually want to play football and so look to move on.
How is losing 9 players from a first team squad not disruptive, even if they're not regular starters lol And I get that some kind of refresh is required, but I do think that it is a bit much.

Agree though that the logistics is as much of a barrier.

Be really interested in those who wish to flee for more football. Think that has been where many of our previous managers have failed - being able to convince certain players that it is in their best interests to look elsewhere. Not sure why this is the case, probably a combination of the money, but also those managers not having a clear enough picture as to who is needed and who is actually surplus (so keep em all). Too much drudgery to be ruthless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back