Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not questioning your views mate, but if he was terrible why did PSG sign him for 32million?

I know clubs have signed bad players in the past, but they normally play well to get moves in the first place.

Just curious, never seen this lad kick a ball.

Same reason we paid £34m for Iwobi, we were duped..
Na tbh I've never saw him play i take it you rate him MG.

22/23 season

First team:

GK: Pickers
RB: Patters
CB: New signing (priority)
CB: Mina/Godfrey/Branthwaite/New signing
LB: Meeks
CM: Allan
CM; Doucoure
CM: Alli
RW: Gray
LW: Richy
ST: DCL

Bench: GK - New signing - Mina/Godfrey/Branthwaite - Seamus(???) - Donny VDB or equivalent - Another new signing in CM - Gordon - Townsend - New signing

Loitering (EFC fire sale/squad players): Holdgate, Keane, Kenny, Davies, Gomes, Jean Powered Grenade, the young lids

I make that 5 signings:
Two CBs
Two CMs
Number 9

And numerous outgoings on end of contracts, hopefully shift some of the deadwood onto Burnley and the like, perhaps a couple of big moves for DCL/Richy if Lamps can't convince them to stay.

Doesn't look toooooo bad, but blimey yes it does actually

22/23 season

First team:

GK: Pickers
RB: Patters
CB: New signing (priority)
CB: Mina/Godfrey/Branthwaite/New signing
LB: Meeks
CM: Allan
CM; Doucoure
CM: Alli
RW: Gray
LW: Richy
ST: DCL

Bench: GK - New signing - Mina/Godfrey/Branthwaite - Seamus(???) - Donny VDB or equivalent - Another new signing in CM - Gordon - Townsend - New signing

Loitering (EFC fire sale/squad players): Holdgate, Keane, Kenny, Davies, Gomes, Jean Powered Grenade, the young lids

I make that 5 signings:
Two CBs
Two CMs
Number 9

And numerous outgoings on end of contracts, hopefully shift some of the deadwood onto Burnley and the like, perhaps a couple of big moves for DCL/Richy if Lamps can't convince them to stay.

Doesn't look toooooo bad, but blimey yes it does actually
Theres no way that both Richarlison and DCL are here. I'd be surprised if one of them are honestly.

Theres no way that both Richarlison and DCL are here. I'd be surprised if one of them are honestly.
Soothsayer are ya lad

Who knows mate. Lamps gets us playing some electric football and convinces a couple of ballers to join us in the summer and who knows whether DCL / Rich jump ship. Neither are out of contract so there are no definites there.

Lot can change can't it

Me personally I'd be surprised if they were both here based on our current form and league position

My view:

6 Out of contract:

• Sigurdsson (100.000£)
  • Tosun (60.000£)
  • Kenny (15.000£)
  • Delph (80.000£)
  • Begovic ???
  • Lonergan ???
That will free up wages around 3 mil. each week which is pretty much.

5 To sell or being released:
  • Holgate (15 mil.)
  • Gbamin (10 mil.)
  • Iwobi (10 mil. - or zero?!)
  • Rondon (will probably be released)
  • Allan (15 mil. - i think he will be sold in order to free up money for a #6)
Best case scenario: Total income of 50 mil.
Worst/realistic case scenario: Income of 30 mil. and we still stuck with Gbamin & Iwobi

2 Loans expire:
  • Van De Beek (120.000£)
  • El Ghazi (30.000£)

Free up 150.000£ in weekly wages.

Total amount of players: 21

Squad Overlook:

GK: Pickford / Virginia / Tyrer or Crellin
RB: Patterson / Coleman
CB: Godfrey / Keane
CB: Mina / Branthwaite
LB: Mykolenko / Nkounkou (Godfrey)
DM: ??? / ???
CM: Doucoure / Gomes / Onyango
AM: Alli / ?
LF: Richarlison / Gordon
CF: DCL / Dobbin
RF: Gray / Townsend

Think it is pretty obvious, that we will have a very busy summer. We desperately need reinforcements in the #6-position (which is key in Lampards 4-3-3-). Furthermore there are serious questionmarks regarding our left back-situation and no. #10-position if Dele Alli performs poorly.

4 prioritized must buys:

- #6-position (key-area)
- Backup to a #6-position
- Replacement for DvB (#8-position)
- Backup for Dele Alli in #10-position (Replacement for Gylfi)

Thoughts:

Left back-situation:

If Nkounkou turns out to be utterly crap, I think Godfrey will cover for Mykolenko and the club will be looking for a new CB or we would keep hold of Holgate. I trust Ashley Cole and Baines to be perfect guidance in this area.

Young Guns:
I think and hope that surely Gordon and perhaps Dobbin and Onyango will explode under the management of Frank Lampard.
Think we'd want to keep Allan if possible - need some experience in amongst an otherwise young side

Have to prioritise CB in my opinion. We will go nowhere with Michael Keane leading the line for half a season, every season.

In dire need of back up in CM (potentially even X3) and a No. 9 who can come in and challenge DCL or whoever it is.

Who is returning from loans? Is the other Kean coming back from Juve?

Think we'd want to keep Allan if possible - need some experience in amongst an otherwise young side

Have to prioritise CB in my opinion. We will go nowhere with Michael Keane leading the line for half a season, every season.

In dire need of back up in CM (potentially even X3) and a No. 9 who can come in and challenge DCL or whoever it is.

Who is returning from loans? Is the other Kean coming back from Juve?
I'd look to move on Mina as well. He's our best defender by a country mile but since he signed he hasn't been able to stay fit.

I'd look to move on Mina as well. He's our best defender by a country mile but since he signed he hasn't been able to stay fit.
Genuinely can't hit a diag without his leg falling off, so just fakes it now and pops it into midfield.

I'd keep him in and around the squad, seems like great craic

Zakharyan is a great prospect

But...

Wouldn't bring an 18yo in straight from Russia and expect him to adjust well.

Are you in Russia or Ukraine? Get to watch both countries big league games or not so much?

That Mykolenko has been highly rated since he turned 18 but have you heard of / seen Zakarnyi?

He looks like hes going to be some Centre back.

I think if Mykolenko can adapt over the next few months and preseason then it may be something which helps us attract more players from the region and with him here and Zinchenko down the road they may be able to settle quickly -- and perhaps a bit younger than usual when they come into the major leagues.

Well, we have to sell Mina due to his contract having one year left + his injury problems + we have to sell Keane as hes dreadful.

I'd be comfortable sticking with Godfrey and Branthwaite. Then adding one star centre back + a young player -- @catcherintherye mentioned Colwill from Chelsea who is on loan at Huddersfield and by all accounts looks class.

Then like you say, a 'pivot' which would mean two deep midfielders for depth and competition. Also a young player to provide competition for Alli...then possibly more of a technical player than Doucoure for the box to box role.

Again, agreed another centre forward.

Thats just looking at the spine...

1 first choice centre back
1 centre back to develop
1 first choice deep playmaker
1 box to box player
1 deep defensive midfielder
1 young attacking midfielder
1 young centre forward to develop

So, for me just in the spine of the team we need 7 new players.

11 out Mina, Keane, Holgate, Delph, Sigurdsson, Davies, Gomes, Tosun, Rondon, Allan and Iwobi (adding him as he claims 10 is his best position lol )

To throw some names around:

CB: Colwill + one starter
DM: Gilmour + Kamara / Tchouameni / Luiz
CM: Gallagher / Gravenberch
AM: Wirtz / Ketelaere
CF: Broja / Gouiri

If by some miracle were clear of FFP then three dream signings...

Bellingham
Valverde
Kounde

You never know with Lampard.

Seems very high, is he 'that' good? Saw his youtube clips and doesnt seem rapid like Brennan Johnson...whats his strengths, whose he like?

I dont mean to nitpick but if Coleman, Keane and Gomes are in the squad getting games then we're playing with 10 men.

Agree on most of the rest
What do you think will happen with Moise ? Do you think Frank might like to give him a chance?

I cant quite remember if he will still be on loan with Juve or does it end in the summer ??

What do you think will happen with Moise ? Do you think Frank might like to give him a chance?

I cant quite remember if he will still be on loan with Juve or does it end in the summer ??

Hes on loan for a total of 2 seasons, so one more season to go.

At that point, if Juventus finish top 4 (i think they will next year if they stick with Allegri) then we get a £28mil fee for him on top of the loan deal.

I think that ship has sailed and id be interested to see if Lampard brings in another young player e.g Broja to rotate and develop or goes for some experience up top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back