Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
182 million wage bill!!! ? ?

Tuson 80k
Siggy 100k
Gomes 100k
Delph 80k
Iwobi 80k
Gbamin 50k
Davies 40k
Al gazi ??k
Lonergan 10k?
Mina 110k
Rondon 50k

Roughly 700-800k a week ( and I’m pretty sure I have forgotten a few )

On players that have literally never played or offer absolutely zero to the team .

Best part of 40m lieterally being flushed down the toilet every year and not much chance of selling anyone other than Mina

Yes such a weird argument, that all these top young players will sign for 4/5 clubs. And this they all want champions league football.

Thomas partey left the Spanish champions to sign for 8th placed Arsenal.

The premier league has a huge pull, probably more so now with covid, a lot of European teams are struggling including some of the bigger ones, obviously we’re struggling financially to. But if we sell, we still will be able to attract players

For the past two seasons we could have moved for most of those players I listed as they had all shown 'something' in my eyes. These scouts we employ were able to find Nkounkou and should be able to list down at least 10 players in France alone that we should be in for.

Leicester signed Fofana for £40mil who went straight into their team and was their best defender before injury.

Its a total myth that players wouldnt want to join. Lampard would be a big pull as well as the new stadium, wages and of course the premier league.

Just look at Guimaraes moving to Newcastle...ive said we should bring him in for 2 seasons.

The players arent unknown and even if we went for only 18-20year olds who werent quite ready to start every game...they would be pushing the first teamers all week long.

Over the season they'd be making places their own.

When those six players are passengers and literally contribute nothing other than being a man dressed in an Everton kit on the pitch… they don’t need replacing , almost every player in the prem that we could sign would be an upgrade

Yes, I listed these players:

Iwobi, Gomes, Holgate, Coleman, Keane and Mina

Iwobi (Richarlison/Dobbin/Gray/Gordon) + Gomes (Allan/Doucoure/Davies/Onyango)

-- Those two are pure deadwood and we already have 8 players in their positions.

Coleman/Holgate/Mina/Keane

-- We have Patterson, Godfrey, Branthwaite so we would need 1 RB + 2 CBs to replace the outgoings.

£40mil in fees and £420/450k a week in wages saved before moving for 3 new players.

Tuson 80k
Siggy 100k
Gomes 100k
Delph 80k
Iwobi 80k
Gbamin 50k
Davies 40k
Al gazi ??k
Lonergan 10k?
Mina 110k
Rondon 50k

On players that have literally never played or offer absolutely zero to the team .

Best part of 40m lieterally being flushed down the toilet every year and not much chance of selling anyone other than Mina

In the summer we lose Tosun, Sigurdsson, Delph, El-Ghazi, Lonergan and VDB (who you didnt mention).

We'd be down to:

Davies
Rondon
Mina
Coleman

Gomes
Iwobi
Gbamin

Keane
Holgate

If we can sell Keane + Holgate this summer then we would be on course for a reset in 2024...which is what im hoping for.

Critically I think if we can sell (this summer) the 5 players whose contcts expire in 2024 and 2025 then things start looking much sexier.

Those 9 players could be replaced by 4 new ones.

For the past two seasons we could have moved for most of those players I listed as they had all shown 'something' in my eyes. These scouts we employ were able to find Nkounkou and should be able to list down at least 10 players in France alone that we should be in for.

Leicester signed Fofana for £40mil who went straight into their team and was their best defender before injury.

Its a total myth that players wouldnt want to join. Lampard would be a big pull as well as the new stadium, wages and of course the premier league.

Just look at Guimaraes moving to Newcastle...ive said we should bring him in for 2 seasons.

The players arent unknown and even if we went for only 18-20year olds who werent quite ready to start every game...they would be pushing the first teamers all week long.

Over the season they'd be making places their own.

Yes, I listed these players:

Iwobi, Gomes, Holgate, Coleman, Keane and Mina

Iwobi (Richarlison/Dobbin/Gray/Gordon) + Gomes (Allan/Doucoure/Davies/Onyango)

-- Those two are pure deadwood and we already have 8 players in their positions.

Coleman/Holgate/Mina/Keane

-- We have Patterson, Godfrey, Branthwaite so we would need 1 RB + 2 CBs to replace the outgoings.

£40mil in fees and £420/450k a week in wages saved before moving for 3 new players.

In the summer we lose Tosun, Sigurdsson, Delph, El-Ghazi, Lonergan and VDB (who you didnt mention).

We'd be down to:

Davies
Rondon
Mina
Coleman

Gomes
Iwobi
Gbamin

Keane
Holgate

If we can sell Keane + Holgate this summer then we would be on course for a reset in 2024...which is what im hoping for.

Critically I think if we can sell (this summer) the 5 players whose contcts expire in 2024 and 2025 then things start looking much sexier.

Those 9 players could be replaced by 4 new ones.
The point was, you want to replace 9 players with 4 for only 40m.

You then list Fofana for 40m as if to prove the point.

And of course we can attract players, im just not sure the players you listed, who will all probably want something other than what we offer.

The Premier League pays the best wages in Europe, so of course people will always want to come, but whilst we can offer more than your Burnleys, im not even sure we are more attactive than the likes of your Benficas.

I don’t see the the point in loaning patterson. Because we will then need to sign another RB Amd worse case scenario they get injured and we’re back to Coleman. We may get another right back who knows.

And I think we will get a left back as first choice with Mykolenko as back up for a season or two
We really won’t. Mykolenko and Patterson are it. We will not have any money to buy more players ahead of them.

The accounts are dreadful. Richarlison and DCL will be sold even if we stay up just to cover the black hole.

We will need a a new front line on the cheap, a new mid field and a new CB.

If we are relegated, we will have to let even more go.

Forget about signings, it’s more a case of who will be leaving.

We really won’t. Mykolenko and Patterson are it. We will not have any money to buy more players ahead of them.

The accounts are dreadful. Richarlison and DCL will be sold even if we stay up just to cover the black hole.

We will need a a new front line on the cheap, a new mid field and a new CB.

If we are relegated, we will have to let even more go.

Forget about signings, it’s more a case of who will be leaving.
Yes like any clubs sells half the squad and doesn’t replace.

Free’s/loans and we could raise 200mil from sales and spend 130, which would show as like 50/60mil on the books and drop the wage bill by 30/40mil over the last 2 yrs.

If we sell DCL, Richarlison, Pickford, looks like the kean deal may get done a year early. Then more fringe players, Mina, allan. Etc

We will spend money replacing them

Free’s/loans and we could raise 200mil from sales and spend 130, which would show as like 50/60mil on the books and drop the wage bill by 30/40mil over the last 2 yrs.

If we sell DCL, Richarlison, Pickford, looks like the kean deal may get done a year early. Then more fringe players, Mina, allan. Etc

We would have to find some sort of replacements for some of them, but I don’t think we would be spending much if anything. We have lost £100m+ per year for the last three years.

We need to sell and reduce the size of the squad. ie far more outgoings than incomings.

It will be another window like last summer only worse.

I’d seriously consider Brerton-Diaz on a free this summer. He’s proven that he’s capable of scoring in the league below, young and motivated. I think he’s a well rounded striker, in the mould of DCL.

There’s plenty of talent in the divisions below desperate for the chance to show case thier abilities.

This should be coupled with diligent spending from the continent.

The wage bill can easily be reduced, and you can replace the players we have who don’t perform with players who may well be not be proven at this level, but you can guarantee that they’d have the passion and desire that we all want to see in. Not these [Poor language removed] bags who don’t care.

I’d seriously consider Brerton-Diaz on a free this summer. He’s proven that he’s capable of scoring in the league below, young and motivated. I think he’s a well rounded striker, in the mould of DCL.

There’s plenty of talent in the divisions below desperate for the chance to show case thier abilities.

This should be coupled with diligent spending from the continent.

The wage bill can easily be reduced, and you can replace the players we have who don’t perform with players who may well be not be proven at this level, but you can guarantee that they’d have the passion and desire that we all want to see in. Not these [Poor language removed] bags who don’t care.

Hes out of contract but only 22 so there would still be a fee.

Surprised hes not signed somewhere already.

We would have to find some sort of replacements for some of them, but I don’t think we would be spending much if anything. We have lost £100m+ per year for the last three years.

We need to sell and reduce the size of the squad. ie far more outgoings than incomings.

It will be another window like last summer only worse.
If we go down, then that’s a different discussion.

But my question to you is, these accounts were signed off last October, Everton and the premier league have been in discussions for a few years Everton would have been well aware off what these accounts were going to look like last summer, so why wasn’t there a fire sale last summer?

We spent hardly anything, but wages dropped from, James, Bernard, Bolasie and Walcott going. We would have made money in January selling Digne, the way transfers work and another high wage gone.

I’m not an accountant, but I’d this years accounts will look better than last year, because of wages dropping and no really big transfers. But apparently we now need to have the fire sale and spend less the the 1.7mil we did last summer.

The squad needs an overhaul, we don’t need the replace like for like numbers wise and I’d like to see a few big players leave so we can refresh the squad and have a reset, but if we do sell some big players we will spend money on replacing them.

Tuson 80k
Siggy 100k
Gomes 100k
Delph 80k
Iwobi 80k
Gbamin 50k
Davies 40k
Al gazi ??k
Lonergan 10k?
Mina 110k
Rondon 50k

Well out of them 11
5 will leave this summer. There’s a good chance Rondon and Gbamin go.
And definitely will be trying to shift Mina and Gomes.

So fingers crossed not many will be here next season

I read somewhere Blackburn can extend his deal for another season

Mentions it here

Theyre sitting in 6th but other sides have games in hand on them.

My guess would be £15mil to take him if they trigger the option.

I think it would be a good move as things look now with DCL and Rondon it would give us 3 centre forwards...with Richarlison also possibly in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back