Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juventus are obliged to pay us 4M€ on July 1st and another 28M€ next summer. Plus, let's say 5M€ wages. So thats a total of 37M€ they have to commit to in the next 12 months (the transfer fee is in three installments but let's not worry about that).

But they don't want him in the squad.

So they think that if they can buy him, for let's say 28M€ now (although apparently Everton have said they want the full 28+4) and sell him for let's say 20M€ the next day, they will take an 8M€ hit. But if they keep him for a year and sell for 20M€ next summer, they take a 17M€ hit next summer on what they've paid.
That makes sense for all parties concerned. I presume the actual negotiation involved is that we want more of the £28m now if they want to take him now.

The saddest thing in modern football for me, as somebody with a degree in Economics, is how average fan discourse is now as concerned about high finance, balance sheets, amortisation, and revenue streams as brilliant goals, players, and matches. Football has been co-opted by business interests. That's really never a good thing for ordinary people.
Maybe so, but the moment the money train pulled into town (in the form of Sky and the equivalents in Spain and so forth) it was only ever going one way.

Being an Everton scout must be the actual best job in the world. At no point do you need to do any work, just make a list of random names off Football Manager because they won’t listen to your recommendations anyway. Probably get to fly around the world pretty much just having city breaks and holidays and calling it work, pretending you’ve attended matches.
*opens filter*

PL…Tick
Played under 20 game…tick
Plays for the top 6… tick

*Search*

Print off… Tick

There you go boss after hours of researchers I’ve narrowed it down to these players

It’s not logical that they would hold talks for the last 3 days and then discover that one side wanted 20 million and the other thought it was a loan.

What on earth could the talks have been about before the impasse?

Journalists are such idiot’s.
Based on pervious deals and rumours you got to talk to 5 different people at Everton before you get the deal u want

Hearing Zinny Chenkways and the Skiing Cow man. Did you know my Papa was a seriously good striker in his before he got old days.
I can believe it, but I think our footballing days were already behind us both by the time I knew him. He does have a seriously wicked sense of rebelious humour though which has obviously rubbed off. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.