Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zinchenko is a class act. I think when he moves out of City he will prove himself as one of the best CM in the league rather than a left-back.

I'd love another Ukrainian at Everton, but I think he's going to Arsenal unfortunately... Maybe Mykolenko can tip the scales? But I doubt it.
Gives the ball away a lot though when ive watched him play.
Id take the scotland game with a pinch of salt. They were dross.
Saying that it simply wont take a lot to upgrade the Everton midfield.

91% passing accuracy for the season

91% passing accuracy for the season

I dont do stats mate sorry. Ive seen people post stats on Everton players who have been bloody rubbish. 5 yard square passing can come under stats.
I just go with what i see with my eyes.
He's not a bad player but i just noticed few times watching city he put the team under pressure with slack passing.
But he'd get a game here

I think generally this is correct.

However, weve seen that Iniesta + Xavi together (with Busquets behind) dominated the midfield for a decade across Europe.

Gilmour 5'7
Gavi 5'8
Pedri 5'9

Lets say those 3 highly technical players were playing in a midfield 3 together without a 'big' DM.

Weve seen our midfield cut open like a knife through butter for years now...would they actually make us worse defensively in midfield? Im not sure they would.

If the opposition lost the ball, how would they get it back?

In reality you'd probably need to use a diamond still with those 3 adding a DM. But I dont see how much worse our midfield could be defensively...its already dire.

Iwobi has played 97 games for us.

Over three seasons hes scored 2 + 2 + 3 goals.

Yet some on here now suddenly love him cos he runs around alot (as Doucoure does) but does nothing else.

Good attitude to have but theres such a limited product -- he scored against Newcastle and runs around :(

At least at CB we have servicable players like Godfrey, Holgate, Branthwaite who all need a leader/organiser (Tarkowski).

The midfield cant get much worse.
Yes, the midfield is worse with the three you have just mentioned

Billy Gilmour is small, lightweight and poor. Same build as Bernard, would be a terrible signing!

His passing at times were quite high risk with high reward. Require a high level of technical ability and vision. This type of passing style is not easy to execute, the receiver must also be technically sound, good first touch and good movement to ensure the pass is not put to waste.

We need someone in midfield who is not afraid of passing with courage and creativity.

His passing at times were quite high risk with high reward. Require a high level of technical ability and vision. This type of passing style is not easy to execute, the receiver must also be technically sound, good first touch and good movement to ensure the pass is not put to waste.

We need someone in midfield who is not afraid of passing with courage and creativity.

I'd be happy with just that bit there tbh.

Berge is a good shout. Big career mistake on his part going to Shef Utd.
He is imense carrying the ball forward on the counter attack. Glides past players with ease. Bit like Yaya Toure. Dont think he will come cheap though. He's got many admirers and is also a big player for his country.
A big yes please
Don’t wanna piss on your chips like but if he had an ounce of Yaya Toure about him he absolutely wouldn’t be in the championship.

Billy Gilmour is small, lightweight and poor. Same build as Bernard, would be a terrible

Billy Gilmour is small, lightweight and poor. Same build as Bernard, would be a terrible signing!
Had a great game. I think it was his debut against the RS in one of the cups a few seasons ago. But I'm not sure he's robust enough to be consistent, week in, week out in the prem.

Would you say that as a Deep lying playmaker the likes of Jorginho, Thiago or even Pirlo were effective defensively? What do they (or other similar players) have over Gilmour?

As a player turning 21 next week, could he not be trained on positional awareness? What else does he lack defensively bearing in mind the profile of the playmaker?

He looks to have a bit of snide to his game so perhaps playing deep he could control matches for us and keep turning the ball over and set the tempo.

We didnt see James Rodriguez for example as an effective player defensively.

Lampard of course used to use Jorginho in the role with Kante (Box to Box) and Kovacic a bit more advanced. Kovacic as the 'passer' when Gilmour was man marked.

Against teams that didnt especially press amd where Chelsea were clear favourites he used Mount in place of one of those two.

Throwing names out here Jorginho (Gilmour), Kovacic (Gallagher) and Kante (Doucoure/Iwobi) might be quite effective.

Gilmour really ran games for Chelsea and may be the difference between us finishing say 15th or 10th.

Which players would you have in mind?

I really hope it's just rumours linking us with Jesse Lingard. The fella is utter crap and is stealing a living

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back