Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is what I said originally.

Apparently the "if he doesn't get better he's a 5m player" statement was hard to comprehend so just forget I said it ok?
But you can't remove factors and make up valuations for if those factors didnt exist because they do. And yes, in 8 years, if he hasn't improved, he will be worth 5m. But that's not now. You said you would accept 10m now, with potential add ons. While simultaneously stating he is valued at 18m now according to a website you were quoting.

He isn't worth 5m now. And actually, even if we knew he wasn't going to get better, he would still be worth more than that because he has scored/assisted 6 goals last season in the PL, and that would be worth more than 5m to lots of teams.

I almost don't want to go to a match just so I don't have the sneering arrogance that everyone who does seems to possess. It's exhausting.

Only one showing arrogance mate. It was you I think that spent some time telling match going fans that Goodison crowds dont make a difference.

Its not arrogance to tell you, factually, that going to a live game in person, then watching the same game on TV later, are almost like watching a different game.

But anyrate.

Take the hint then.
You ain't a supporter . You don't support.
Mate when this team is worthy of wholehearted backing I will be doing so. Right now the club is such a shambles top to bottom that it is making a mockery of the supporters. Just accepting that is actually not good support, at least in my opinion.

But you can't remove factors and make up valuations for if those factors didnt exist because they do. And yes, in 8 years, if he hasn't improved, he will be worth 5m. But that's not now. You said you would accept 10m now, with potential add ons. While simultaneously stating he is valued at 18m now according to a website you were quoting.

He isn't worth 5m now. And actually, even if we knew he wasn't going to get better, he would still be worth more than that because he has scored/assisted 6 goals last season in the PL, and that would be worth more than 5m to lots of teams.
I mean how much would you pay for Jordan Ayew?

I didn't say I'd accept that though. I said if I were another club that would be my offer.

Only one showing arrogance mate. It was you I think that spent some time telling match going fans that Goodison crowds dont make a difference.

Its not arrogance to tell you, factually, that going to a live game in person, then watching the same game on TV later, are almost like watching a different game.

But anyrate.
It is arrogance to constantly use it to talk down though, as you and many others do.

It is honestly some bad UKIP behavior. Acting superior because of what line you happen to reside inside of.

Mate when this team is worthy of wholehearted backing I will be doing so. Right now the club is such a shambles top to bottom that it is making a mockery of the supporters. Just accepting that is actually not good support, at least in my opinion.
No. People support the club because its what they do. They might not be happy but it's because they love the club. It was a major reason they stayed in the league. Because supporters showed them how much it meant to them and most responded.
So one match goin supporter is worth way more then the likes of you. It's a hobby to u.
To them it's their life.

It is arrogance to constantly use it to talk down though, as you and many others do.

It is honestly some bad UKIP behavior. Acting superior because of what line you happen to reside inside of.

Perhaps if you had some humility, and accepted that you dont know everything, and accepted that folk who actually see players in the flesh and are steeped in Brit footie, maybe do have a point.

For example, I rarely get to home games. So I rarely comment on players ability, cos I think the opinion of folk who see them week in week out are better qualified to do so.

I dont see, on highlights, why Seamus gets some clog on here, cos unless I see him every week, I just dont have a valid opinion.

Thats what I mean. If Spurs fancy Gordon, they meet our valuation, or do one. Thats the rulez.

Gordon is not the reason we were nearly relegated. Absolute ludicrous suggestion.

He's just after reactions, he hasn't a clue what he's on about most of the time and believe me he always wants the last word. Seriously thinking of putting him on ignore, because when he's not slagging off our club or players, he's doing his best to convince everyone they are worthless, or worth less than anyone else thinks. He tries his best to be edgy, but just comes across as incredibly annoying.

I mean how much would you pay for Jordan Ayew?

I didn't say I'd accept that though. I said if I were another club that would be my offer.
I wouldn't pay anything for ayew. We have better players in his positions. He is 30 so wont improve. Maybe worth 5m though because of factors I can't remove such as age, ability etc. if he was 21, would probably be worth about 20m though.

Couldn't care less where you are from. I don't go the game regularly either (couple of times a season nowadays). My issue is you just talk absolute wham.

Perhaps if you had some humility, and accepted that you dont know everything, and accepted that folk who actually see players in the flesh and are steeped in Brit footie, maybe do have a point.

For example, I rarely get to home games. So I rarely comment on players ability, cos I think the opinion of folk who see them week in week out are better qualified to do so.

I dont see, on highlights, why Seamus gets some clog on here, cos unless I see him every week, I just dont have a valid opinion.

Thats what I mean. If Spurs fancy Gordon, they meet our valuation, or do one. Thats the rulez.
I watch every match though. You do understand that in the US we get every match right? There is no Saturday 3pm rule. I watched like 35 of the league matches start to finish. I think that qualifies me to judge players or do I have to lean around a beam in the Bullens first?

I go to NFL games. It is different than TV because TV doesn't show the defensive backfield basically ever. It is the same as how in football the backline will spend periods of the game out of frame. So I get that you can't really see everything the same way. BUT I would never suggest that someone's opinion counts less because they only watch on TV. Just flat out won't do it. It's wrong, demeaning and doesn't serve the sport to gatekeep who does and doesn't get to enjoy it and care about it.

So whatever, I can't change how you think, if we're all lesser to you over here than so be it. I'll continue to discuss things on here with those I do get on with.

I wouldn't pay anything for ayew. We have better players in his positions. He is 30 so wont improve. Maybe worth 5m though because of factors I can't remove such as age, ability etc. if he was 21, would probably be worth about 20m though.

Couldn't care less where you are from. I don't go the game regularly either (couple of times a season nowadays). My issue is you just talk absolute wham.
I've got no problem with that. I think we kind of agree on this and I just confused you with the 5m thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.