Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard called out the need for a number 6 in his post match interview. Given the relative lack of strong links to this type of player since Winks, I hope it means we have someone lined up. Gilmour possibly.

Doucoure is better than Luis mate, and we dint know what Kamara will be like yet.

DCL is miles better than Ings. Pickford is better than Martinez. Theres also a case, when fit, Mina would be in the team too, but hes never fit.

Most teams have issues with depth. I dont think Villas squad is much better than ours. Like if you take an average of the last 2 seasons, I'm pretty sure we would have more points. I'm not sure how that tallies with you being miles better?
I never once said Villa were miles better. All I have said is that I think Everton will struggle next season unless they sign a few players, which appears to be a fairly widely held view on this forum. Regarding the average of the last 2 seasons Everton 49 ( 39 & 59) pts and Villa 50 (45 & 55), so only a point in it in Villa's favour.

I never once said Villa were miles better. All I have said is that I think Everton will struggle next season unless they sign a few players, which appears to be a fairly widely held view on this forum. Regarding the average of the last 2 seasons Everton 49 ( 39 & 59) pts and Villa 50 (45 & 55), so only a point in it in Villa's favour.
i hate your manager

Gilmour is not a true 6 and he struggled mightily for Norwich last year, getting dropped early and never really convincing at any point. Impressive as he has been at times in limited minutes for Scotland and Chelsea he’s a squad player with a point to prove not a guaranteed starter.

Get back to the championship fella

M.T

Villa fan would do well to reflect on their own business. I don't think it's as bad as what we did, but I don't find it in any way impressive either.
It is difficult to reflect on the business we have done until the players have actually played for the club. The players that have played for us haven't done too badly. Obviously, injuries are a bit of a pain and an unforeseeable problem and that has scuppered Wesley's, Sanson's and Bailey's chances to show what they can do in the PL and unfortunately for Wesley, his injury looks career ending. But the rest have been fine. The cheaper ones managed to get Villa promoted and the more expensive ones are keeping us in the PL. Traore is the biggest letdown but he was only 17m which is kind of at the low end of the scale for the PL. From a GK perspective, we have bought some really bad GKs over the last few years but we have a good one now.

Gilmour is not a true 6 and he struggled mightily for Norwich last year, getting dropped early and never really convincing at any point. Impressive as he has been at times in limited minutes for Scotland and Chelsea he’s a squad player with a point to prove not a guaranteed starter.

Exactly. I keep on saying it but it is more a Barry/Carsley type we need. A proper strong experienced hairy arsed performer with discipline and intelligence and the technique to keep things ticking over. A powder puff type like Gilmour or Winks is not the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back