Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with most of your point; 13th/14th will probably be about right. As for Derby, didn't he have a couple of the Chelsea kids with him there? They'd have probably been the best players at the club.

As for Chelsea, I'd imagine almost any manager could get top 4 with the talent they have at their disposal (was it 3rd Sarri got with them if I recall and a Europa win), and I'd be very surprised if it was Frank behind most/all of that +£200m spending. That seemed like the club buying players in the longterm interests of the club, not so much the caretaker who currently happened to occupy the managers seat.

He'll have to work with what he's got here. We can't recruit like Chelsea can.
When we played Derby in the playoff final both Mount and Tomori started for Derby but they were only kids then, still teenagers or just about 20 and completely unproven yes the talent was there but Frank did a great job with them that year. Harry Wilson also started for Derby that day. I agree that Chelsea has a very good long-term strategy with regard to youth but for a PL side to go through a summer transfer window without adding any new players, and to finish top 4 is a great achievement. It was also at a time when 1st and 2nd spots were wrapped up by your neighbours and Man City so there were only really 2 spots available.
I think Frank will have a fairly decent year with Everton if he is given some support in this window. The links with MGW and Cornet do look like there are funds available. MGW looks a good prospect but I am not so sure of Cornet, he missed some serious sitters in the run in last season which could have kept Burnely in the PL if he had converted them

I dont mean to be pedantic, but you got 51 the season before last didnt you?

Anyway, I think Villa are ahead but not miles so.
No, we managed to get 55 and most Villa fan thought Smith was the next Pep :).
I think Villa are a bit ahead of Everton at the moment and that is mainly because we have finally got some strength in depth. We have just about got two 1st team players for every position and that really helps. I am not saying they are all great players but they are good enough to hold their own in an average PL game. A bad run of injuries would hurt Villa less than a bad run of injuries would hurt Everton. That is a real worry for u guys this season and hopefully, you won't get too many inuries. Tarkowski was a good signing and not just because he is an immediate upgrade to your back 4 but because the guy looks virtually immune to injury

I buy him a Christmas card every year tbf

Dear Slippy

Wishing you a horrible pointless Christmas you no fod Kopite ferret

Worst wishes

macca
Slippy has scored more goals against Villa than any other team in the PL (13 goals). He was not on top of my Christmas card list as I associate him with so so many painful memories. But, football is only a game, it is fun to support a team and I can't change the fact that he is our manager but I need to get along with it. Saying that I don't think I could have ever accepted the FSW as my manager if I was an Everton fan. He crossed a line with his comments about Everton and IMO that should have ruled him out of any job in Everton FC for life. Slippy was just doing his job every time he scored against us and, to my knowledge, he never bad-mouthed us as a club.

Slippy has scored more goals against Villa than any other team in the PL (13 goals). He was not on top of my Christmas card list as I associate him with so so many painful memories. But, football is only a game, it is fun to support a team and I can't change the fact that he is our manager but I need to get along with it. Saying that I don't think I could have ever accepted the FSW as my manager if I was an Everton fan. He crossed a line with his comments about Everton and IMO that should have ruled him out of any job in Everton FC for life. Slippy was just doing his job every time he scored against us and, to my knowledge, he never bad-mouthed us as a club.
Our hatred of him is far more than scoring goals against us, you must have seen it written all over his smug slap-able kopite face when he was at Goodison.

I’m a pretty relaxed evertonian and person in general but I despise that man more than any other figure in sport.

Don't worry mate, go through all my posts and you'll see the fat horrible goblin Benitez was never accepted in my kingdom

Our hatred of him is far more than scoring goals against us, you must have seen it written all over his smug slap-able kopite face when he was at Goodison.

I’m a pretty relaxed evertonian and person in general but I despise that man more than any other figure in sport.
I will concede that he did look a bit smug when Villa beat Everton and it didn't all look like the joy of getting 3 points for the team he manages. So until Slippy leaves Villa, I expect all Everton fans will be anti-Villa. Come Villa match days, Everton fans should have great craic in any pubs with Blues, Baggies or Wolves fans :drunk:

I try not to hate anyone in life.
However I make an exception for him and Dalglish !.

Don't worry mate, go through all my posts and you'll see the fat horrible goblin Benitez was never accepted in my kingdom
I wouldn't need to. Just from the small number of your posts, I have read I can see you are a die-hard Everton fan and I would have bet you never wanted him anywhere near your club. I completely understand and respect that. It's kind of fitting that he was manager for the worst season in living memory for Everton as it removes any doubt or argument that he should never have goit the job.

I don't live in England and my very first top-flight game was in Anfield to see Liverpool v Forest, Roy Keane played for Forest that day. I was with a Liverpool fan and we were in the Kop. Normally, that is the sort of occasion that would make a young lad support a team but I didn't fall for it and instead stuck with decades on winning nothing with Villa

This young promising player maybe available

Tavistock AFC Legends v Plymouth Argyle Legends ~ The true legend…Mike Trebilcock (1966 FA Cup hero) in the starting lineup for Tavistock.
?
?
?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back