Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the stats when both play, often with awful midfields, we tend to do very well.

Like honestly, if you could give me a fit Mina and DCL, establishing a partnership with Tarkowski, I'd take that over a midfielder. I appreciate its v unlikely to happen, and that its completely hypothetical.

But yes, to answer your question, are midfield is awful. I'd be toying with the idea of shoving Godfrey in there, in the "chuck some mud and some might stick' theory.
One of the many problems with our midfield is that no one can properly pass , godfrey would contribute to that glaring issue further

This isn't true, agreed to sign because of how he would be used within the team and an extra year on the contract.
I'm sure the not having to move his family half way across the country for another club was a major factor too. (Other than us agreeing to contract him to 33 years old, all the offers would have been pretty similar you'd expect).

I think Leeds may be a surprise next season. They have lost Raphina and Phillips but Phillips was injured so much last season they are used to not having him. They have brought in about 6 new players that were not cheap and look like they are not finished. The manager is new so we don't know what he is like either. I am not ruling them out of a relegation battle but equally, I don't think we can rule them out of a comfortable finish. I think Wolves could be the surprise 'weak team' next season and could be involved at the lower end of the league. Everton is better than Bournemouth and Fulham but Forest is another unknown quantity. A good manager and a lot of new additions and they could have a good 1st season and then do a Sheff Utd. Brighton are not a strong side and Bissouma is a big loss but I rate Potter and can't see them getting into trouble. Vieira is doing a great job but Gallegher is a big loss and they could struggle. Brentford will really miss Eriksen and will find it difficult without that creative flair, so they could be in trouble. I don't see Everton having another season like last but a few new players are needed.
As for us, yes, Slippy needs to deliver. If I was Purslow I would sack him in the morning and give Pochetitino whatever he asked for to take over at Villa
I went to the villa Leeds game yesterday- Leeds are awful. No cutting edge. Ted lasso managing them.

I went to the villa Leeds game yesterday- Leeds are awful. No cutting edge. Ted lasso managing them.
I would have loved to have been there. I only saw 8 mins of highlights and in fairness, they didn't look great. If it is a Ted Lasso they will be straight back down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back