Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will concede that he did look a bit smug when Villa beat Everton and it didn't all look like the joy of getting 3 points for the team he manages. So until Slippy leaves Villa, I expect all Everton fans will be anti-Villa. Come Villa match days, Everton fans should have great craic in any pubs with Blues, Baggies or Wolves fans :drunk:
Always liked Villa mate. Bit like us really , big fanbase , not won as much as we both should have.
Wish you every success - once he leaves , lol.

No, we managed to get 55 and most Villa fan thought Smith was the next Pep :).
I think Villa are a bit ahead of Everton at the moment and that is mainly because we have finally got some strength in depth. We have just about got two 1st team players for every position and that really helps. I am not saying they are all great players but they are good enough to hold their own in an average PL game. A bad run of injuries would hurt Villa less than a bad run of injuries would hurt Everton. That is a real worry for u guys this season and hopefully, you won't get too many inuries. Tarkowski was a good signing and not just because he is an immediate upgrade to your back 4 but because the guy looks virtually immune to injury

I think on paper we will have a stronger squad than the 3 prompted teams, Brentford, Leeds and in honesty probably Brighton and Palace.

Difficult to see with the likes of Wolves.

Your issue with Villa is your manager mate. You had a good squad last season, and he ended with 46 points. He is going to have to do a lot better.

I think on paper we will have a stronger squad than the 3 prompted teams, Brentford, Leeds and in honesty probably Brighton and Palace.

Difficult to see with the likes of Wolves.

Your issue with Villa is your manager mate. You had a good squad last season, and he ended with 46 points. He is going to have to do a lot better.
I think Leeds may be a surprise next season. They have lost Raphina and Phillips but Phillips was injured so much last season they are used to not having him. They have brought in about 6 new players that were not cheap and look like they are not finished. The manager is new so we don't know what he is like either. I am not ruling them out of a relegation battle but equally, I don't think we can rule them out of a comfortable finish. I think Wolves could be the surprise 'weak team' next season and could be involved at the lower end of the league. Everton is better than Bournemouth and Fulham but Forest is another unknown quantity. A good manager and a lot of new additions and they could have a good 1st season and then do a Sheff Utd. Brighton are not a strong side and Bissouma is a big loss but I rate Potter and can't see them getting into trouble. Vieira is doing a great job but Gallegher is a big loss and they could struggle. Brentford will really miss Eriksen and will find it difficult without that creative flair, so they could be in trouble. I don't see Everton having another season like last but a few new players are needed.
As for us, yes, Slippy needs to deliver. If I was Purslow I would sack him in the morning and give Pochetitino whatever he asked for to take over at Villa

I think Leeds may be a surprise next season. They have lost Raphina and Phillips but Phillips was injured so much last season they are used to not having him. They have brought in about 6 new players that were not cheap and look like they are not finished. The manager is new so we don't know what he is like either. I am not ruling them out of a relegation battle but equally, I don't think we can rule them out of a comfortable finish. I think Wolves could be the surprise 'weak team' next season and could be involved at the lower end of the league. Everton is better than Bournemouth and Fulham but Forest is another unknown quantity. A good manager and a lot of new additions and they could have a good 1st season and then do a Sheff Utd. Brighton are not a strong side and Bissouma is a big loss but I rate Potter and can't see them getting into trouble. Vieira is doing a great job but Gallegher is a big loss and they could struggle. Brentford will really miss Eriksen and will find it difficult without that creative flair, so they could be in trouble. I don't see Everton having another season like last but a few new players are needed.
As for us, yes, Slippy needs to deliver. If I was Purslow I would sack him in the morning and give Pochetitino whatever he asked for to take over at Villa

Forest havent played in the league for so long, it's just a huge gap to climb. I see them as 20th.

Leeds manager is awful and they were lucky to survive. Without Phillip's they have been comfortable bottom 3 form. Throw in Raphina now out, and I think they are probably at 20 point ish. Theyve then signed a few players. So you are weighing up what those new players do. But as we both know, gelling lots of new players straight away is tough.

Brentford could be a surprise strugglers too. They strike me a bit like Leeds and Sheffield United. Rode a Crest of a way, but will come crashing down. Without Eriksen joining I think they go down. Probably after the first 10-15 games they are relegation form for me.

Of some of the others, Palace have lost Gallacher, and had the best injury record last season. Brighton have lost Bissouma, again what impact?

Wolves and Southampton fell away last season too. If you said to me, of all the teams above, do I think we will finish above each, I'd probably say yes. When you get to the Newcastles, Villas even West Ham, I start thinking I'm not sure. That's where I pitch us.

The biggest thing for us will be keeping players fit though. If Mina and DCL played 35 games, we would be in the top 8.

Not without a functioning midfield.

If you look at the stats when both play, often with awful midfields, we tend to do very well.

Like honestly, if you could give me a fit Mina and DCL, establishing a partnership with Tarkowski, I'd take that over a midfielder. I appreciate its v unlikely to happen, and that its completely hypothetical.

But yes, to answer your question, are midfield is awful. I'd be toying with the idea of shoving Godfrey in there, in the "chuck some mud and some might stick' theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back