Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our subs bench for the Crystal Palace game last season was
Begovic, Kenny, Godfrey, Welch, Allan, Davies, Van Der Beek, Alli & Gray

So that was one 'young prospect' out of 9 subs in a game we already had Mina, Townsend, Rondon, Branthwaite, Gbamin, Nkounkou & Patterson all unavailable!

It doesn't matter if Rondon isn't very good or not! He was picked regularly last term ahead of players such as Dobbin or Simms! Just because we can bring an extra 2 from our 9 subs off the bench next season doesn't mean clubs are going to use those 2 lads as youth prospects!

Lampard is more likely to do this than other managers in the league, but you saw against Boreham Wood he wasn't going to bring Welch & co on, until we got another goal, as he didn't want to risk it! How often next season do you think we are going to be in enough of a lead to give an 18/19 year old minutes ahead of an established (rubbish or not) 1st team player
The ability to use 5 subs does change the dynamic slightly though. Sometimes it's clear from the outset that a young player is only on the bench either for experience or just to make up the numbers, because there are other players who play the same position that would always be brought on before them. The ability to use 2 extra subs does increase the likelihood of those players getting minutes because there's more scope to make changes.

There’s legitimate criticism of the big picture at Everton, all of the prostests against the board etc. are fully deserved. I’ve slagged these players off more than anyone on here so I’m in full agreement with you that they’re not good enough and need turfing out.

What is draining though is this constant overreaction to stuff that hasn’t happened or might not even be true.

‘Why are we paying Lingard 200k a week’

‘Why haven’t we bought Tarkowski yet, we’ve probably lost him to West Ham’

‘Why do we not have a scouting department, we’re only looking at PL free agents’

‘We’ve got not money at all’

‘Thelwell isn’t doing anything’

I’d wager that none of these are true yet stuff like this just keeps getting banded around to add to the negative climate.

There’s already more than enough to be negative about without inventing stuff that hasn’t even happened.

I've not seen anyone wanting us to give Lingard a £200k/week contract.

I do think our recruitment is overly reliant on the premier league.

And I hope we didn't buy Tarkowski, as a free agent.

I have faith in them, in fact I have a lot of faith in Lampard.

I have very little faith that they will be supported in the transfer market though. The fact that the club sold Richarlison for over £50m and didn't have anyone lined up as a replacement speaks volumes.

I don't think the manager is being supported properly. He needs players to be moved on and replacements to be brought in.

Lampard is probably the best thing we have right now as he's managed to ingratiate himself to the fan base and thus he will enjoy reasonable support even if things aren't going immediately well

It's amazing how coming into a club and not being an absolute trumpet to the fan base can help a manager isn't it? Almost as if it's bloody obvious and only a clueless arrogant bulb couldn't see the benefit in it?

But yeah, Lampard needs to be backed by the owner/board as otherwise what's the point?

You can really see what Moyes is implementing, if he can keep his best together and keep adding 1 or 2 here , it's similar to how he had us at 1 point maybe slightly better . He's done that quite fast , no reason why we can't, oh wait it's Everton sorry confused there.

The ability to use 5 subs does change the dynamic slightly though. Sometimes it's clear from the outset that a young player is only on the bench either for experience or just to make up the numbers, because there are other players who play the same position that would always be brought on before them. The ability to use 2 extra subs does increase the likelihood of those players getting minutes because there's more scope to make changes.
I've just given you straight up evidence of why this isn't the case!

You chose to ignore it and go with a comment with absolutely no substance!
I'd be suprised if any of the young lads are regulars on the bench, never mind getting off it!

And of course it's fine for you to think like that, but let's just be clear that you're talking about blind faith here and therefore nothing is 'clear' or 'obvious' and people who don't have the same level of blind faith as you aren't bedwetting or being unreasonably negative, they're likely just looking at things a bit more analytically than you.
But we have improved defensively and we are obviously after an mf and wide forward. That’s not blind faith really, far less so than those saying we are not signing anyone or that we are relegation fodder

I've not seen anyone wanting us to give Lingard a £200k/week contract.

I do think our recruitment is overly reliant on the premier league.

And I hope we didn't buy Tarkowski, as a free agent.

There was loads of crying on here just because a journo linked us to Lingard. Next thing you knew some were convinced we were offering him 200k a week.

Up to now it’s not been proven true so why so much negativity and anguish over stuff that hasn’t happened?

I have faith in them, in fact I have a lot of faith in Lampard.

I have very little faith that they will be supported in the transfer market though. The fact that the club sold Richarlison for over £50m and didn't have anyone lined up as a replacement speaks volumes.

I don't think the manager is being supported properly. He needs players to be moved on and replacements to be brought in.

All the sounds are positive mate, the owner, the manager etc, we will make signings, no doubht.

I wont beat about the bush we are a financial mess, but are climbing out of the hole, Richarlision was us taking our medicine, we have to ensure value in the market and dent that reputation of being an easy mark and retirement home for everyone else junk. Its a process for me and not an event, changing that afore mentioned identity is a kin to turning an oil tanker around, it wont be done in one window, but in this window if we can sign players we can develop, we tell the world we are something different. If we sign say a Gilmour, MGW, Cornet, we are saying we are changing identity and these lads become the vanguard of what we should be going forward, add in the Warrigtons of this world, another year into young Flash, we work too develop them and improve them. We need to be a place again that's attractive to young players to develop and grow to choose us.

What i would say about Frank is from a coaching point of view i was very impressed with him developing and getting the best out of players, that has to be our identity now, recruit potential and get the best out of it. That needs to be the new Everton and our new identity, because presently our reputation reeks. Recruitment is part of that but not all of it. If it takes a little while to get it right and get value it worth it. We can throw money at it but we are only repeating the same mistakes that dug the hole in the first place.

We need to do all on the above incrementally, three year job and Kev and Lampard need to be left alone to do it.

There was loads of crying on here just because a journo linked us to Lingard. Next thing you knew some were convinced we were offering him 200k a week.

Up to now it’s not been proven true so why so much negativity and anguish over stuff that hasn’t happened?
This is what happens, a crap link that then becomes fact on here and deepens the frustration unnecessarily. Longstaff, winks and dennis have all been quoted as done deals on here, huge fumes follows for absolutely no reason
Rinse and repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.