Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

We can kiss goodbye to another of our targets.
The amount of leaked 'interest' in players is getting me to wonder if this is one of bills old tricks.
'We tried for all these players, but they just wern't interested....we go with what we have'

Still amazes we that we even attempt to engage with other PL clubs given the state we're in. They saw us coming when we had money, and they see us even more without. What's in it for any of them to do deals on our terms.

It is simply grossly negligent that we do not put our focus elsewhere for scouting and buying players. I've wondered whether it's plain laziness or ignorance, and it's probably both. It reflects desperately badly on all of them, Thelwell and Lampard included if they can't or won't see that and act upon it. We have to shop where what meagre resources we have can actually be spent. It's appalling.

In 2004 it was similar. We had a weak squad and had just lost Rooney without being able to spend much. We lost 4-1 to arsenal at goodison first game of the season and everyone thought we were doomed. But somehow Moyes managed to get us 4th. I'm certainly not expecting that with Lampard as he's not even fit to dust Moyes jacket. But he needs to be creative in the transfer window and try to find a few bargain buys to make this club competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back