Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some websites talking about this Guido Rodriguez being £40m, surely we are not paying £40m for a 28 year old footballer?! have we learnt nothing? I dont even think we have the money for this. Apparently Betis only own 70 percent of his rights and Club America retain the other 30 percent. Sounds messy.

Also Emmanuel Dennis linked again for £20m... no one seems to be prepared to match Watfords valuation yet, so maybe we can do a deal. Also in an unrelated note the Watford Blue Away kit, is possibly better than our home kit (image in the story at the link below)

It's very rare for obvious reasons, less left footers so less reason to have them change flanks. Right footed full backs get to play left back more just because there is more opportunity. There are plenty of examples of right footed left backs (Andreas Brehme for example) but not so many going the other way.
Lahm is probably the best example of that mate

Some websites talking about this Guido Rodriguez being £40m, surely we are not paying £40m for a 28 year old footballer?! have we learnt nothing? I dont even think we have the money for this. Apparently Betis only own 70 percent of his rights and Club America retain the other 30 percent. Sounds messy.

Also Emmanuel Dennis linked again for £20m... no one seems to be prepared to match Watfords valuation yet, so maybe we can do a deal. Also in an unrelated note the Watford Blue Away kit, is possibly better than our home kit (image in the story at the link below)

I’m not super keen on Dennis but it sounds like Watford have few takers for him or Sarr so a late lowball offer for one of them might make sense.

The white collar and sleeves are so good on that kit.

For now I think it’s safe to assume the Guido link is a fantasy considering the price tag. Definitely the perfect profile for us though.

If Dennis is going to be the same price as Cornet, I’d rather Cornet personally. Has a better attitude from what I’ve read and got similar goal return last season.

Last season we were joint bottom (with Burnley) for average possession - 39.7%. We’ve got to get a couple of midfielders who can actually pass and keep hold of the ball
Based on the friendlies its looking like we are going for 98% possession by letting Mina and Godfrey pass it to each other, over and over again, with the occasional daring 1-2 with First Time Tom, before recommencing. Once 4,237 passes have been made they are instructed to pass to Tarks who has been given the role of chief hoofer. From there it’s all up to DCL to win us the league whilst simultaneously trying to regain match fitness.

After thinking about it more, I’m okay with the Vinagre signing if it happens. I’m a little disappointed that Nkounkou hasn’t looked better, but a cheap replacement for him was starting to look like a priority. Allows us to have a different style to Mykolenko and we didn’t have any other left footers. It’s clear we are going to play a 3 at the back system at least part time, so you need players to fit it. My first reaction was bad more because of the optics of it being potentially our 2nd signing when we have other more pressing concerns.

As others have mentioned, I could also see Lampard using Mykolenko at LCB with Vinagre at LWB against certain opponents. Not saying Mykolenko is a CB but essentially in the role Ben Davies plays for Spurs. Sometimes when you play 3 at the back, it works to have two traditional CBs and one who pushes up more. So if Coleman ever plays RCB, you have Tarkowski and Mina for example in the other two spots to make up for it, and vice versa on the other side. It’s not my favorite because we seem to always get pinned back in that formation anyway, but you can understand the logic of it.

Sweet Jesus , you’ve spouted some crap in your time but this is right up there.

Why don’t right footed players play LB dave? Or why does almost every team that has options, choose to play left footed players at LB and right footed players at RB?

Why did baines never play right back? Actually forget it I’m not biting anymore
lol

That reaction is comical. I honestly burst out laughing.

Why on earth is it so outrageous for a left footed player to start as a RB?

Kyle Walker Peters and Livaremento plays both sides because they worked on it. Can we not believe Mykolenko can adapt to that?

As said, there's a statistical obstacle only to left footers staring at RB. Only 10% of the population are left sided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back