Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Vinagre turns out to be ok or better. It's no risk in real terms. There used to be something immensely satisfying about getting players like this and turning them into bargains in the best sense of the term. The club has forgotten what it's like to do that.

It's far from saying all is well, but I'm actually comfortable with these types of signings, if we can rediscover how to do them right, then it's great to see.
I have to say that with the details emerging that we're not paying a loan fee, and that we have an OPTION to buy but no obligation, it's starting to look a much more palatable deal than I first feared.

Is Ruben Vinagre going to set the world alight? No.

Is Ruben Vinagre VERY cheap? Yes. £15k per week is peanuts in the modern game.

Given the wage savings we've made with a load of players leaving, and the possibility of Keane, Gomes, Davies, Gbamin and/or Moise Kean also leaving in the next three weeks, we can afford £15k p/w for a backup LB.

Exciting times, being linked to players by no nothings on Twitter.

Look what we've been reduced to.

George Michael
Ruben Vinagre
- bancadadeleao

Andrew Ridgeley

Pepsi & Shirlie
Gavin Bazunu -
Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Palhinha - RecordPT ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** James Garner - The Athletic ** Manor Solomon - tuttomercatoweb ** Adrien Truffert - RMC ** Kim Min-Jae - Sabah Gazetesi ** Ben Mee - MirrorAnderson ** Jesse Lingard - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Billy Gilmour - Paul Brown ** Stephy Mavididi - FabrizioRomano ** Luka Milivojevic - sportimegreece ** Steven Bergwijn - Simon Jones ** Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Adrian Kajumba ** Adama Traore - Football Insider ** Juan Cuadrado - calciomercato ** Georginio Rutter - BenjWin ** Jamie Cumming - Simon Phillips ** Luka Jovic - Teamtalk ** Otávio - Eljogo ** Matheus Nunes - footmercato ** Zaidu Sanusi - Record_Portugal ** Dwight McNeil - Graeme Bailey ** Hamza Choudhury - Tom Hopkinson ** Owen Wijndal - @MikeVerweij ** Pape Abou Cissé - Ekrem Konur ** Andrey Santos - Le10Sport ** Luca Pellegrini - Corriere dello ** Georginio Wijnaldum - psvreport ** Tino Anjorin - Simon Phillips ** Lucas Moura - Matt Law ** Tanguy Ndombele - Greame Bailey ** Matt Doherty - Greame Bailey ** Jack Clarke - Greame Bailey ** Joe Rodon - Alex Crook ** El Bilal Toure - Greame Bailey ** Keane Lewis-Potter - El Bobble ** Harry Winks - Matt Law ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Tyler Adams - Bild ** Andrea Belotti - Daily Mail ** Luis Sinisterra - telegraaf ** Mohamed Bayo - footmercato ** Emmanuel Dennis - @louorns ** Rodrigo Becão - Rich Jones ** Amadou Onana - El Bobble ** Japhet Tanganga - @Glongari ** Kyle Walker-Peters - Maddocks ** Charles De Ketelaere - Gazzetta dello Sport ** Edin Dzeko - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Anass Salah Edinne - Mike Verweij ** Benjamin Bourigeaud - tuttomercatoweb **Marcus Tavernier - Greame Bailey ** Jean-Clair Todibo -Nice_Matin **Arnaud Kalimuendo - Graeme Bailey ** Aster Vranckx - Loic Tanzi ** Layvin Kurzawa - mediafoot - Adnan Januzaj - AS.com ** Leander Dendoncker - FabrizioRomano ** Ross Barkley - siphillipssport ** Morgan Gibbs-White - @SportsPeteO ** Maxwell Cornet -Mike McGrath ** Guido Rodríguez - CLMerlo **Martin Terrier - ElBubbles ** Lucas Paqueta - calciomercato **

giphy.gif

Simon Le Bon
James Tarkowski - Matt Law

Would anyone take Adama Traore at the price being quoted? £10m?

I mean, even if he couldn't do a job for you, you'd get to watch a member of staff oil him up every time he comes on as a sub.

I am not disputing what u are saying, it is a risk. But the alternative was, at least imo, a 100% guarantee of relegation. They have given themselves a chance and I assume they have been smart enough to have relegation pay cuts etc and they should have a decent team to get an immediate promotion. Yes, they are spending a bag load of cash but they are going to earn that bag load of cash next season and they have guaranteed 2 yrs of parachute payments if they go down. I like the ambition of going for it and not trying to pocket the PL money as Norwich do every second year

But Fulham do what you are saying, and also get relegated. Brentford are stringent and stayed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.