Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about downpayments though.

Not saying they definitely would be... but let's say Chelsea would be happy to take £25m total for Broja, but that they'd also be fine with having that split over a 5-year contract - so £5m a year. That suddenly makes a £25m fee very attainable for us.

But if, like Wolves did/do for Gibbs-White, they want £15m up front and then the rest over the contract, it makes things a lot harder.
Broja is being linked with Real Madrid this morning, might need to look elsewhere if that's the case.

Correct. It was a long punt and opportunistic finish. I never denied that you plum. Afterwards, we rarely threatened in first half lacking any creativity or cutting edge, same same until Dele and McNeil came on. If you couldn't see that then you're clearly blinkered and just clamoring to the anti Barkley brigade, wanting to be accepted by other keyboard warriors ?
You said "not even a shot". We clearly had at least 1. The keeper then saved from a corner as well.

Mcneil will be starting most games, so it will be happening with him from minute 1. And Dele may well be starting games. With Gordon and gray being the impact subs when players are tiring. So that negates barkley anyway.

We need a 6 urgently. We have creativity in the team as you have just stated with mcneil and Dele.

You said "not even a shot". We clearly had at least 1. The keeper then saved from a corner as well.

Mcneil will be starting most games, so it will be happening with him from minute 1. And Dele may well be starting games. With Gordon and gray being the impact subs when players are tiring. So that negates barkley anyway.

We need a 6 urgently. We have creativity in the team as you have just stated with mcneil and Dele.
Fair.

A Turkish guy i know said Tosun is much better than batshuayi. Says it all . Missed lots of sitters while in turkey. Steer clear
Turkish football fan thinks Turkish player is better than non Turkish (and, let’s face it, black) player? Hold the presses.

No offence to the fella you know - he might be sound - but given that no one else knows anything about him, the above is hardly cast iron evidence.

Turkish football fan thinks Turkish player is better than non Turkish (and, let’s face it, black) player? Hold the presses.

No offence to the fella you know - he might be sound - but given that no one else knows anything about him, the above is hardly cast iron evidence.
This guy is just a football fan and told me this months ago … personally dont think he’s any better than Rondon either !

Didn’t Chelsea reject 30m form west game for Borja, so I can’t imagine they will accept 25m
I was just using it as an example. I don't know the fees involved.

But I don't think there was any talk they'd rejected £30m. Just that West Ham went for Scamacca instead?

Still extremely light in the middle.

View attachment 175365
Indeed. Need a couple of mids for several reasons: mids not named Iwobi are somewhat injury prone, Doucoure isn't the answer in a midfield two, and enough CB injuries can force us into a midfield three. If Warrington emerges that's a big help, but that's a big bet to place.

Also placing an uncomfortably large bet on Dele being good if pressed into service.

The good news is that we're already much improved. We seem set out wide, so if we make a couple more good adds and dodge things like rat-shaped anchors we should be OK.

Broja is being linked with Real Madrid this morning, might need to look elsewhere if that's the case.
I seriously doubt he ends up at Real Madrid

But, will stress, it was just an example I was using of a player that it's pretty clear we'd like. Not saying it's a definite that we'll go for him though.

If you analyse the squad over the last few years mate, we've had an incredible amount of players and no options and its really hurt us. We got hit with a number of key injuries last season and it almost sunk us.

At times we have had 36 players on our first team books and really only had 14 -15 live options. We know about the waste.

But imagine the strength we could have in competing.

If we can turn some of those squad places into actual live options it will improve us no end and make us so much more competitive.

I mean just a breif example would be:

Gylfi - McNeill

Tosun - Corent

Delph - Gilmour.

We got 12 games out of the three leaving for nothing this summer and 11 were Delph and im being generous calling them games as most werent 90 mins, they cost the club £29 million last year - for those 12 games. If we turn those squad places into live options for the team - we improve. I could go on with more examples.

How we actually stayed up is beyond me.
It has been by far the biggest issue.it’s a team game and a deep squad is essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back