Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then we look again. That's their job. Should have been all over this. It was as important as the defence rework. The naivety of the club to think we would be ok is a worry.
Err that means we have been looking, switching targets when one or two are out of our range, now we’re looking in the French market. The one constant that won’t go away is Broja, even though it’s increasingly likely Chelsea won’t allow him to go

Err that means we have been looking, switching targets when one or two are out of our range, now we’re looking in the French market. The one constant that won’t go away is Broja, even though it’s increasingly likely Chelsea won’t allow him to go
They are dithering. Should have already been sorted. Looking now & getting a solution in a week or two does nothing for our next few very important games. Are you ok that they left it this long?

Look at the lack of goals and assists in this team. Then look at them selling our top scorer. Forward is the NUMBER ONE position I don't accept they haven't been able to bring one in all summer. No more excuses it undoes any other good work they do because if we can't score goals we won't get results and that's critical after the season we had.

They are dithering. Should have already been sorted. Looking now & getting a solution in a week or two does nothing for our next few very important games. Are you ok that they left it this long?
I’d rather they get the right players than lash money for the sake of it, if we’d have gone balls in on say Broja, we might not have been able to get Coady or Onana

Exactly where was the plan? Or was the plan to rely on Dom? Because he was never totally filling the void even if he was fit all season we need more forwards who actually produce in the final third. We have sold so much creativity in the last year and are left relying on a kid in Gordon and two squad players (if we are being real). And will Alli ever get a run?
Completely agree sadly with a grossly incompetent board you get decisions like this, the lack of goals in this team is abysmal , dele ali should start now just to take a Gordon out the firing line, the fact they’ve will fully handed two games to sides we could have taken points off is criminally neglect

He was out for most of last season that's recently injury prone yes. We finished 16th by the way 16th and just stayed up. They also sold our talisman who carried us on his back for financial reasons of their making. Too many people making excuses for total ineptitude and negligence from the board and owner..
Hold your horses, I’m not by any chance the defending the board because Everton should not be going into a season with one striker, whether he’s fit or not.

I’m stating that if people consider DCL injury prone, then so is the majority of PL footballers including Kane, Van Dijk and Eerling Haaland

Hold your horses, I’m not by any chance the defending the board because Everton should not be going into a season with one striker, whether he’s fit or not.

I’m stating that if people consider DCL injury prone, then so is the majority of PL footballers including Kane, Van Dijk and Eerling Haaland
Fair enough and yes there's too much football generally, but on the evidence of last season and even at the end of Carlo's time Dom is injury prone. I actually think its connected to how much muscle bulk he carries around now but that's my amateur opinion he definitely picks up more injuries now.

Last edited:
Fair enough and yes there's too much football generally, but on the evidence of last season and even at the end of Carlo's time Dom is injury prone. I actually think its connected to how much muscle bulk he carries around now but that's my none amateur opinion he definitely picks up more injuries now.
He missed more games when he hadn’t bulked up, when he was younger

We don’t know how many calls Thelwell has fielded about forwards though do we?
I know we need to get the right forward and for our budget but seriously you make a decision and go with it, seems we have been hanging on for a player who may or may not become available its very reminiscent of when we waited all summer for Giroud and then his missus said she wasn't moving to Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.