Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important comment this. This could be a strange season. There are a number of teams struggling, then there are the usual suspects for a challenging season, plus the newly promoted who invariably struggle. Then throw in the complication of the World Cup. Yes we need to get the new signings properly integrated and hopefully one or two additions but no need to panic just yet
Newcastle hadn't win a game until mid December last year. I don't see us being that bad. Its not as bad as some sections in here will have us believe

He’s scored 2 goals since January and Watford wouldn’t entertain a smaller upfront fee

Similar to Richarlison’s scoring record at Watford then, but he was playing under Roy Hodgson, who is almost as negative as Lampard.

Maybe there are financial restrictions that prevent us from signing the likes of Dennis, but that won’t change the fact that whoever we get to ‘do a job’ upfront won’t even be as good as Dennis.

I have no idea why we let Dennis go to Forest for 20 million. He would have been ideal for us, and capable of playing as both a central and right sided forward. I have no faith that whoever we end up getting to ‘do a job’ upfront will be anywhere near as good as Dennis.
I know it’s confusing because we share the same shirt sponsor but Everton are not actually Watford mate

We will be fine this season, even in 2 lost games there are positives, there are signs Lampard will get this right, he has just been very unlucky with injuries.
It's not like we have been played off the park
Exactly this. Too much pessimism two games in, guessing like after two games under Benitez we were gonna win the league ! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.