Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This situation is absolutely insane. How the hell will this absence upfront go on...opposition managers will be in hysterics when we pitch up with no possible threat to their goal and no sign of anyone else shaping up to be so. Meanwhile, two young strikers are out on loan...at least theyd have had a go....even youthful enthusiasm is better than the present no hopers who cant seem to do the basics like hit the damn ball properly.

I'm judging us every week because the league has started and we need points this month. Leaving a forward until the very end of the window is shambolic, especially since we sold Richarlison 30 June.
Transfers are very easy from your armchair.

As I say, I have no reason to form a judgment now. But you do you. Some people need the panic.

Think he'll play more than you expect he will this year. Can't see anybody buying him this window due to his injury, so when he's fit he'll be in the squad if not the team. Still one of our 2 best defenders, especially in a back 4. It's just petty to leave him out of your "squad".
We aren't playing a back four this season.
The recruitment and set up is all revolving around three at the back

Think he'll play more than you expect he will this year. Can't see anybody buying him this window due to his injury, so when he's fit he'll be in the squad if not the team. Still one of our 2 best defenders, especially in a back 4. It's just petty to leave him out of your "squad".

To be fair, I left him out by accident when swapping his name with Coady's. Very you though to go overboard with it.

People who are saying we are going to be relegated are only doing through over the top reaction to 2 games where if you were being honest we could/should have gotten a point in each against a top 6 team and at a ground where we never perform.

but each to their own. Will love to revisit this 1) after transfer deadline day and 2) end of season... just to see if you think you are currently overreacting

Well the current squad has virtually no chance. If there are no quality additions and Lampard keeps them up, then he is manager of the season.

He should be nowhere near the team again. Can't build a settled defence with someone who can't even play one match without going down injured with no one near him.
Good job you're not picking the team then. Even though he's out until October I'm going to say he'll still play 20 games thus season.

Surely to sell the two of 3 players that dragged us up last year must mean the club are expecting relegation
I don’t think it’s their intention to sell Gordon. But if the offer is good enough and they can get a couple of upgrades then it makes sense surely from a footballing point of view.
Gordon’s a good prospect, got good pace and gets past players but still lacks an end result, but if staying up is a priority which I believe it is then a good prospect is not good enough now!

I don’t think it’s their intention to sell Gordon. But if the offer is good enough and they can get a couple of upgrades then it makes sense surely from a footballing point of view.
Gordon’s a good prospect, got good pace and gets past players but still lacks an end result, but if staying up is a priority which I believe it is then a good prospect is not good enough now!
Who's coming to Everton atm better than a player considered good enough for Chelsea?

We can take risks I'm sure as can everyone else. I just don't think we can afford to get it wrong and I don't trust the club to get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back