Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
By no means at all are Forest likely to finish above us. For a start, it could be an absolute shambles, 20 total strangers trying to form a team. But even if they start to gel it’s by no means a given they are good enough: they’ve spent 150m across 16 players and that’s a huge amount of money BUT averaging 10m a player does not guarantee you a PL team. That said, there’s no indication they’re done yet but hopefully we’ve got some quality to come in too.
I think given their start, the quality they are bringing in they are more than capable or likely to finish mid table above us.

I really liked the idea of MGW but that was before Onana who looks like more the player we need for the current set up and when I was thinking around £20-25m.

£40+ is an enormous gamble for a player who hasn’t shined in the premier league yet!

Anyway, more than anything, we need a striker.

Looooool at client journalist John Percy pushing the "hijack" offer

All good PR for Forest, that. Not a chance we've gone back there

I imagine what actually happened was we heard forest had a offer accepted and got in touch with wolves to see what the deal is and if we could match it.

Then when we heard it was £44m us and wolves both laughed at forest for a bit then went about our day.

Good morning all, apologies in advance for the sludge below….. it’s bottom of the barrel stuff and it’s been a journey just reading through it. Good luck and have a great day.

Everton have set their sights on signing Napoli playmaker Eljif Elmas, according to Gianluca Di Marzio.

Everton have set their sights on signing Napoli playmaker Eljif Elmas, according to Gianluca Di Marzio.

The report adds that Napoli would only sell Elmas if there is an ‘important offer’ on the table, meaning Everton will have to push the boat out again.

According to journalist Pete O’Rourke, Everton could be “actively pursuing” Espanyol’s star striker Raul de Tomas.

Speaking to Football FanCast, O’Rourke said:

Everton definitely need to bring a new striker in before the transfer window closes and de Tomas could be one of the targets they are actively pursuing

Everton are once again rumoured with Watford winger Ismaila Sarr. [Evening Standard]

“There is always speculation surrounding him [Ben Brereton Díaz], I am always talking about him. He is a good boy and he is a quality player. As I have said many times, if there is a bid, it is the amount of the bid. He would cost £30m in my eye (later clarifies that was a joke). The boy, let him focus on football. He is trying hard to do his best, he has been brilliant so far. It was not an excellent game for him but plenty of players did not perform. It was not to do with the bid, let him focus on football,” says Blackburn manager Jon Dahl Tomasson on rumoured Everton target Ben Brereton Díaz. [Lancs Live]

Everton continue to be linked with 22-year-old Marseille striker Bamba Dieng. [Newcastle World]

Everton have registered their interest in signing Aston Villa star Ollie Watkins, sources have told Football Insider.

The Midlands giants are open to letting Watkins go as they work on a deal to recruit an A-list front man in the final weeks of the summer window.

It is believed manager Steven Gerrard has a tense relationship with Watkins and one well-placed source told us the pair “do not see eye to eye”.

Dele Alli is one step closer to leaving Everton this summer after positive discussions with Besiktas on Thursday, according to the Daily Mail.

The 26-year-old only joined the Toffees in the dying hours of the January transfer window from Tottenham Hostpur but a very uninspiring seven months have seen him near the exit door already.

Belgian international Adnan Januzaj is currently a free agent after running down his contract with Real Sociedad. And the 27-year-old is believed to be set on a return to the Premier League with Goodison Park his preferred destination.

That's according to RMC Sport journalist Sacha Tavolieri, who claims that the possible exit of Anthony Gordon or another Everton player could prompt the Blues to capitalise on Januzaj's availability.

Sky Sports pundit Alex McLeish has been left reacting to some Everton exit news that he has heard involving Anthony Gordon

Speaking to Football Insider, McLeish has given his reaction to the news, claiming that losing Gordon would be ‘horrendous’:

And

Chelsea are ready to make a third approach to try and sign Everton winger Anthony Gordon next week, according to London News Online.

Todd Boehly, the Blues’ new owner, has already had two bids rejected by the Toffees with the latest totalling £45million [Sky Sports journalist Alan Myers] as Frank Lampard and Kevin Thelwell remain adamant on keeping the 21-year-old.

But Chelsea are not prepared to lie down on this matter and next week is now likely to see an offer worth £55million arrive on Farhad Moshiri’s doorstep.

Everton have joined the race to sign Benfica striker Goncalo Ramos in the final couple of weeks in this window, according to Record.

The Portuguese newspaper has reported in its print edition [19 August, pg. 15] that the Toffees are readying an offer to sign the 21-year-old before the window slams shut.

“The Goodison Park club is also getting ready to come forward with an offer for the number 88 shirt.”

View attachment 179194

Interesting that we have that scope.

I must be honest I worry about McNeil’s creative ability after seeing him nearly leather a simple through ball to Gray out for a goal kick last weekend.
I do.

I do believe he should get the benefit for now though, and i stress, for now. Not for 3 years like some do. On the other side, his best attribute is crossing and we've had Anthony Gordon as a target.

More concerning that Damari Gray gets gametime for me. So selfish, so inconsistent. Just wants to be the hero and doesn thave a football brain whatsoever.

For the first time in years I feel content with our defenders. In an ideal world, Mina has a leg transplant with nerves that aren't spaghetti. Coady and Tarkowski are steady and Godfrey comes back stronger and slots in okay.

Just our attack is so, so weak both in literal strength and output.

Fair enough. I think Tarkowski and Coady are perfectly fine solid PL defenders, but Mina on his day, which I appreciate is about 4 days a season when he can be arsed getting out of bed, is a top drawer centre back. If he could string together 30+ games a season he would not be at Everton.

I'd settle for 20 games a season at this rate if im honest. He wont be going anywhere now with this injury so just stick him in cotton wool and shove him in games that need his fight and dominance.

Wonderful defender, shame he's never fit to show it.

I am sick and fed up with being linked with player after player. Seems to me we are waiting for big enough offer for Gordon who will then go. It will then be mad scramble near deadline for any rubbish we can get.

Thought you said you barely watch Serie A?
I do barely watch it these days. Which is why I was asking about the Napoli kid, as I haven't seen much of him.

However, I have a soft spot for Sassuolo (no real reason, I'm sure we all have teams like that in other leagues). And he has impressed me a lot every time I've seen him.

According to journalist Pete O’Rourke, Everton could be “actively pursuing” Espanyol’s star striker Raul de Tomas.

Speaking to Football FanCast, O’Rourke said: "Everton definitely need to bring a new striker in before the transfer window closes and de Tomas could be one of the targets they are actively pursuing"

The above is interesting if true. Would push DCL to start even if Dom is healthy. Get him and then one of the more nuisance types (Maupay or Adams) and things looking a bit better.

Speaking to Football FanCast, O’Rourke said: "Everton definitely need to bring a new striker in before the transfer window closes and de Tomas could be one of the targets they are actively pursuing"

The above is interesting if true. Would push DCL to start even if Dom is healthy. Get him and then one of the more nuisance types (Maupay or Adams) and things looking a bit better.
Nah. Next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back