Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true that we tried to hijack the Gibbs-White deal, that means we somehow have at least 25 million to spend (probably more, as surely we wouldn't spend everything we have left on one midfielder). Which leads me to believe two things are likely:

1. Gordon is being sold. How else would we have that kind of money?
2. The forward we really want isn't available right at the moment, but we have reason to believe that he will be before the deadline. Which makes me think that it has to be Broja, and Chelsea have told us he'll be available if they get in a replacement first, but they haven't yet. So we're waiting on them to finalize Aubameyang or whoever, so we can have Broja. Maybe that's why the Gordon deal isn't done yet too; we may be holding off on that one as leverage over a potential Broja deal.

So maybe if Chelsea gets Aubameyang done soon, that will be the first domino to fall, and then the real movement starts on several fronts.

Therein lies the issue. It wasn't true, pure Forest propaganda to make it seem like a better deal for them.

D
How would playing a back 4 have won those games. How would that help us put the ball in the net?
Did you watch those games?

We line up in a 343 but our 2 CMs get swamped.

So the wingbacks drop back, making a 523.

We launch long balls repeatedly to the front 3, to no avail.

The two wide forwards drop deeper, making a 541.

We concede.

We panic.

We switch to 4231 and start moving the ball more effectively.

We simply don't have the quality of CM needed to deploy a 2-CM formation.

D
Did you watch those games?

We line up in a 343 but our 2 CMs get swamped.

So the wingbacks drop back, making a 523.

We launch long balls repeatedly to the front 3, to no avail.

The two wide forwards drop deeper, making a 541.

We concede.

We panic.

We switch to 4231 and start moving the ball more effectively.

We simply don't have the quality of CM needed to deploy a 2-CM formation.

Yes

I saw a team carry absolutely zero goal threat. To suggest switching formation makes a huge difference to that is pretty ridiculous. And you can't judge a few minutes with a 4 chasing a game to playing a full 90 minutes.

….isn’t Thelwell on the Board?
I don't know. But I don't blame him for the situation right now TBH. It's on the Board and their years of woeful mismanagement, rather than someone who was appointed a few months ago and walked into an absolute mess.

Also there is not really any evidence that the lack of a striker is down to him. For all we know he could have identified 100 targets and the manager is holding out for one who is not yet available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back