Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m warming to the idea of selling Gordon, getting Pulisic on loan and then spending the £50m from AG on one or two more wide players and a striker. I know people think Pulisic is made of glass but that’s a bit overblown IMO. I think the guy can do bits when given a run of games and he’s going to be highly motivated going into the WC

Get Gana and Kudos over the line and it would be damn fine business this window I think.
We won't sign Pulisic you plum ! Why would he leave a top club in Chsmpions League to sign for a relegation battling club in the League Cup. Plus Pulisic is dog toffee. Plus is Kudus.

At this point, we should approach Sunderland about recalling Simms from loan. Absolutely criminal that we've sold Richarlison and brought zero goals into this team while spending $20 mil on McNeil. Not an indictment on McNeil, just saying that to spend that kind of money before bringing in someone who can score 8-10 goals is completely irresponsible. And if the reason we cannot buy a quality goal scorer of any kind is because we don't have the funds, then the McNeil purchase is that much more shocking. Surely one of the young lads could have filled the McNeil role (whatever that is). At least Onana, while very raw (and a walking red card to boot), has massive upside and may fill a vital role in the midfield if we are patient with him. Yes, we needed another striker even before the DCL injury, but we needed goals of any kind before that, whether it be from the wing or otherwise.

At this point, we should approach Sunderland about recalling Simms from loan. Absolutely criminal that we've sold Richarlison and brought zero goals into this team while spending $20 mil on McNeil. Not an indictment on McNeil, just saying that to spend that kind of money before bringing in someone who can score 8-10 goals is completely irresponsible. And if the reason we cannot buy a quality goal scorer of any kind is because we don't have the funds, then the McNeil purchase is that much more shocking. Surely one of the young lads could have filled the McNeil role (whatever that is). At least Onana, while very raw (and a walking red card to boot), has massive upside and may fill a vital role in the midfield if we are patient with him. Yes, we needed another striker even before the Dominic Calvert-Lewin injury, but we needed goals of any kind before that, whether it be from the wing or otherwise.
I think the angst and frustration of fans is due to the fact they got mcneil in before making sure we had the strikers emergency sorted. This unfortunately might make fans turn on the lad which will be sad. Its obvious they have screwed up big time and are now in panic mode. Can you imagine the scenario if they fail to add forwards due to not being able to sell Gordon or happen to sell Gordon but leave it to late to add firepower. Its akin to signing our death sentence in football terms. I'm sure we will bring strikers in I'm just unsure if they will be good enough because we are panic buying and nothing good ever comes from that.

Deadline day won't be...
They probably think making a few signings on deadline day will excite the fans.

Problem is, we will be on 1 point and bottom of the league, with Liverpool and Arsenal in the next 2 fixtures.

The people running this club are not fit for purpose. They have deliberately gambled and as a result, by Saturday we will be 5 games in, with second rate championship standard Salomon Rondon as the clubs only striker, it’s an absolute disgrace.

They probably think making a few signings on deadline day will excite the fans.

Problem is, we will be on 1 point and bottom of the league, with Liverpool and Arsenal in the next 2 fixtures.

The people running this club are not fit for purpose. They have deliberately gambled and as a result, by Saturday we will be 5 games in, with second rate championship standard Salomon Rondon as the clubs only striker, it’s an absolute disgrace.
I don’t what are they waiting for. Could be 5 games in with like 2 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back