Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse is two of the games, we should be aiming for a win, against Forrest and Villa, as we found out last season margins are very fine, every point precious and you cant pass up any opportunity for a points in this league.
We're effectively in a relegation battle as of now.

I dont see three terrible teams in this division that'll allow Everton to stumble through a season with a win here and there and still survive.

We should be hot favourites to go down.

So essentially weakening an already moribund forward line further, well in Everton, well in. The fact Lamps played Rondon for 90 mins last night felt like a message can he play another 90mins on the weekend?
That's the situation we're in now, for better or worse (spoiler: it's worse).

It FEELS like we have to wait for the Gordon cash before we do anything further, which means that things have to get slightly worse before we can improve them. Our best hope - and it isn't beyond the realms of possibility considering how quickly we've got other stuff done - is that there are agreements in place that can be finalised the second we get shut of AG.

I dont see three terrible teams in this division that'll allow Everton to stumble through a season with a win here and there and still survive.

Bournemouth, Fulham, forest will all struggle. Southampton, Brentford and villa aren't great. Leicester might be in a relegation battle this season.

We are down if we don't sort out front 3. If we do, I think we'll be ok.

6530627F-7204-42D2-937F-51E98ABEFE6E.webp

I’ve been looking at this also, and I’m struggling to see 3 teams that would finish below us, based on the evidence so far. Maybe Bournemouth? Definitely not Brentford or Leeds anyway.

Bournemouth will be bottom. They are weaker than any other team. I don't think there will be much between say 12th and 19th. Key injuries will play a significant part and obviously scoring goals. We would arguably be sitting on 7 points after the last 3 games with a decent striker and the narrative quickly changes. I see Everton finishing around 14th. Admittedly this is a frustrating period waiting for the dominoes to fall into place.

I’ve been looking at this also, and I’m struggling to see 3 teams that would finish below us, based on the evidence so far. Maybe Bournemouth? Definitely not Brentford or Leeds anyway.
Ditto, said this the other week. There aren’t any Norwich/Burnleys in the league this year. Leeds have strengthened, Forrest are having a good go at it seem ambitious, Fulham look decent. Can’t see many teams worse than us at the moment - maybe Bournemouth will struggle. You look at Villa’s bench the other week, they’ll be doing well to finish 10th and they’re being on bench players that would walk into our first team.

We’re needing a huge last week of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back