Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester will struggle this season I don't see how they replace Fofana and their squad isn't what it was and Villa, them along with Bournemouth, Forest and us. That's the relegation scrap there. All hinges on the forwards we can get in. We have to do it asap but I still don't see the urgency on the forward!

Villa have a good squad though. They'll only struggle till they bin off slippy.

Wolves looked alright against Spurs tbh. I doubt they’ll be down too far.
I know Fulham have started well but i still expect them and Nottingham Forest to struggle. Bournemouth will need to be damn near perfect to stay up and you can pick one of us, Southampton, Leeds and maybe even Villa to be in a fight this year.

Ditto, said this the other week. There aren’t any Norwich/Burnleys in the league this year. Leeds have strengthened, Forrest are having a good go at it seem ambitious, Fulham look decent. Can’t see many teams worse than us at the moment - maybe Bournemouth will struggle. You look at Villa’s bench the other week, they’ll be doing well to finish 10th and they’re being on bench players that would walk into our first team.

We’re needing a huge last week of the window.
Forest will still struggle for me, blending that many players will take time and most good team's will dispatch them when they play away. Stevie G is a terrible manager, Leicester will struggle

Ditto, said this the other week. There aren’t any Norwich/Burnleys in the league this year. Leeds have strengthened, Forrest are having a good go at it seem ambitious, Fulham look decent. Can’t see many teams worse than us at the moment - maybe Bournemouth will struggle. You look at Villa’s bench the other week, they’ll be doing well to finish 10th and they’re being on bench players that would walk into our first team.

We’re needing a huge last week of the window.

Typically though, over a season 1/2of the promoted teams go down, and normally 1 side who have recently been promoted if its 1.

Theres normally then 1 spot, and at present we are one of several teams it could be.

Personally think it's stupid having a window in its current format.
Yeah, it's so long ago now (20y) that I had to actually do some research to remember how it came about.

It turns out:

The origins of the transfer window system​

Why was it introduced?

Windows were introduced as part of a compromise agreement with the European Commission
about how the whole transfer system worked and how it could best preserve contractual stability for both the player and the club while allowing movement at prescribed times during the year - the summer and winter transfer windows in effect.

The alternative was to bring football in line with most other industries where contracts were not enforceable or liable for appropriate compensation, i.e. notice periods being served and players moving at will. The football authorities across Europe felt this would fatally undermine the footballing economy and remove the incentive for clubs to invest in developing players.
sauce: https://www.premierleague.com/news/60258

So I guess post-Brexit they could theoretically bin it off domestically, although clubs would still be bound by the window being in effect in Europe and other parts of the world.

It's Wednesday now and imo almost no chance of a signing by Saturday.

I'm skeptical that any cash is available without the Gordon sale and money set aside for Gana and that's what it's come down to.

They gambled on DCLs fitness and lost.

It's all down to next week and possibly deadline day itself. Whether we can survive this season is down to events of one week or one day. That's what it has boiled down to. Excellent work.
Another match with Rondon up front tbh I can see Lamps going to another strikerless front line.

Think all this
Brereton Diaz (Blackburn) - buy
Gomez (Valencia) - buy
Bamba (Lille) - buy
Januzaj (ex Sociedad) - free
Gana (PSG) - buy
Kudus (Ajax) - loan

Something like this could hopefully make our attack somehow functional. Not looking good with one week to go...
That would only work if we planned to bounce DCL now or Jan window, plus you are not factoring in the issues of bringing in 3 forwards all of whom will want to play...on top of that you have Simms who I think deserves a crack next season. I would take Diaz and Gomez not sure about Bamba, Januzaj I really rate but I would trade them all for Depay now that Juventus have pulled out. I think Diaz is a real prospect and should consider bringing him in, as I would cash in on DCL. Kudus again what's the plan who is going to give him the playing time? Gana 100% never lets you down.

Pipe Down, it's all in hand ........

IMG_20220823_213202.webp

To be fair we are short on midfielders, we only have Davies, Allan, Onana, Iwobi, Gomes, Warrington, Gbamin, another three should be fine.

But do we? Gomes will be gone, Allan has been offered to Roma and Gbamin cant hack the PL.

Our midfeild has needed rebuilding for years, now we are doing it fans complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back