Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's so long ago now (20y) that I had to actually do some research to remember how it came about.

It turns out:

sauce: https://www.premierleague.com/news/60258

So I guess post-Brexit they could theoretically bin it off domestically, although clubs would still be bound by the window being in effect in Europe and other parts of the world.
Yeah, there's that angle, but even ensuring all business is done prior to the season makes more sense.

Think we can put a line through a few of them mate. Even if you add Doucoure he's not great, and has fitness issues.

We're still light in midfield in terms of decent, fit options.
The line you have to draw is why are we suddenly blighted by injury after injury, fitness is a big thing for me I get the impression that Lampard school of management is let the ball do the work but still some of our lads are blowing through their ar$e after 20 minutes...

Why would we sign 2 defensive midfielders rather than an attacker. We’ve seen Iwobi fail badly on the wing, let’s not go back there.

Because we still don’t have a number 6 in the squad that Lampard trusts, hence the interest in Garner and Gueye.

If we bring in a striker we’re only really replacing Richarlison (unless he can play wide as well). We’d still need replacements for Gordon and Dele if they go. Great if we can get in a wide player and an attacking mid (Kudus hopefully), but if we cant’t then moving Iwobi wide might be necessary to balance the side. It’s not the position that was a problem for Iwobi previously, it was the fact he was lazy and couldn’t be arsed running. Lampard has now changed him into the hardest worker in the team. He’s shown it in midfield and wingback so no reason he couldn’t play wide for us.

He's basically saying what's been obvious for ages: our attacking players lack the brains to make the right calls in critical moments.

At this level of sport, all of the protagonists have ability and can play, but the truly effective players have the brain and mentality to go with it, the smarts, cuteness, and resilience. Ours, patently, don't.
Spot on.

You see this over and over in our matches: very little movement ahead of the player in possession, so very few options to move the ball towards the opposition goal. This is why we see so many sideways and backwards passes, and passages of play that start with a throw-in twenty yards out from the opposition's box but end up with Pickford on the ball four passes later.

Think all this

That would only work if we planned to bounce Dominic Calvert-Lewin now or Jan window, plus you are not factoring in the issues of bringing in 3 forwards all of whom will want to play...on top of that you have Simms who I think deserves a crack next season. I would take Diaz and Gomez not sure about Bamba, Januzaj I really rate but I would trade them all for Depay now that Juventus have pulled out. I think Diaz is a real prospect and should consider bringing him in, as I would cash in on Dominic Calvert-Lewin. Kudus again what's the plan who is going to give him the playing time? Gana 100% never lets you down.

Brereton Diaz (Blackburn) - buy
Gomez (Valencia) - buy
Bamba (Lille) - buy
Januzaj (ex Sociedad) - free
Gana (PSG) - buy
Kudus (Ajax) - loan

Something like this could hopefully make our attack somehow functional. Not looking good with one week to go...

We need options. This is exactly what we have missed.

I'd quite happy bring in Garner, Gana & Kudus who can play the no10 role also. then 2 new forwards & winger. For too long we haven't had enough competition. I also don't think this will be DCL's last injury, hopefully I'm wrong but his fitness is a worry.

Lots don't rate him on here but but Traore at 10m would be a steal. He free's up so much space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back