Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves looked alright against Spurs tbh. I doubt they’ll be down too far.
Burnley looked good against Tottenham at the backend of last season as well. There are a lot of similar teams in the bottom half and I appreciate we currently have massive issues in scoring goals but let's see how that looks come 1st September. Wolves play some good stuff but have ultimately looked toothless for a long time. They were fortunate to draw at home vs Fulham. If they get a couple of injuries to the midfield I see them limping around for points this season.

So, West ham, Brentford and villa are our relegation rivals.....

That's just this season.

CBA looking back to others, but pretty sure, even the "big boys" have been caught out by newly promoted teams....

And most definitely didn't suffer long term because of it.
Should be looking at that 18 points on offer if you don't want to be at the wrong end of the table. But then it looks like we'll have played our fifth game before we have an effective striker.

I want a Dominic Calvert-Lewin replacement not back up can’t afford to have him back in the squad and needing 10 games to get up to speed no thanks Dom with a back up second rate striker or Rondon behind him he will just go through the motions he needs a massive kick up the and competition for his spot.
Yes, 100%.

And furthermore there's every chance he will want to leave next summer... He'll be of an age that we would be wise to consider offers.

In that scenario, having his replacement in already would be wise.

Kopite Kev's transfer dream - sign Dedonker , Jiminez and Traore - lose the next 6 games - sack Lampard and bring Nuno in. lol

We need options. This is exactly what we have missed.

I'd quite happy bring in Garner, Gana & Kudus who can play the no10 role also. then 2 new forwards & winger. For too long we haven't had enough competition. I also don't think this will be Dominic Calvert-Lewin's last injury, hopefully I'm wrong but his fitness is a worry.

Lots don't rate him on here but but Traore at 10m would be a steal. He free's up so much space.
Traore has the kind of pace we have been crying out for, as Garner, Gana and Kudus I think that is two many given what we already have maybe two of them?

Even if Gomes, Allan and Gbamin were fit, are they good enough?

Gomes I think Lampard has sussed out very quickly as a player he cant count on.
Allan last year of his deal and has his eye on his last move.
Gbamin? Pfft.

We could do with a decent, fit centre midfielder who can actually pass the ball forward, or as the football hipsters would say, progress the ball. That could be Onana, but it's a lot to put on him, and him alone in a debut season.
I agree with Gomes he is a snake, Allan lost interest as soon as the Italian left and Gbamin is drinking himself to an early exit...

Why's everyone so big on Gallagher? Haven't once watched him and thought "yeh he's good"
He’s already done great work for Everton. His introduction from the bench when Palace were 2-1 up, his consequent deflection and lack of positional awareness swung the game in our favour last year. He COULD be good like but that sort of player isn’t liked by the cry arses here

Last edited:
Garner
Kudus
Brereton Diaz
Joao Pedro

Acceptable?
I honestly don’t see that as a squad that’s too good to go down in terms of the balance between potential (Garner / Pedro) and the current quality we badly need. But I guess if we can get Gana over the line too and use our one loan on a quality player, whether from Chelsea or otherwise, we are looking pretty decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back