Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder how far down our striker list these 2 were?
The "list" found in the desk of BK

depositphotos_24477295-stock-illustration-crayon-set-with-kid-drawing.webp

To me, Adams is the player we’re looking at who is as close to Richarlison in terms of pressing and being a nuisance to opposition defenders. He always runs very hard and can be a handful on his day

Worked very hard Richarlison and was an effective matchwinner. I guess some supporters didn't appreciate what we had there - but Spurs aren't stupid.

Just baffled.

I don't get it.

If we can afford to sign the likes of Che Adams for £25m, or Ben Brereton for £15m - why wait until now? Why weren't they in ages ago?

If we didn't have the funds, why haven't we prioritised buying them before others like Onana as quite clearly, we need strikers.

Did we not have the money to fund them upfront without selling Gordon?

Sell Gordon for £50m+£10m add ons.

Buy Che Adams for £25m, Ben Brereton for £15m, and Gana. Maybe a loan for Broja in there too.

If that happens, it'll be interesting to look back in a few years to see how good a deal that is...
That's a terrible deal. I'm all for selling Gordon for big money but not to then spend that money on a bunch of chuggers.

That's a terrible deal. I'm all for selling Gordon for big money but not to then spend that money on a bunch of chuggers.

Its why when fans were up in arms/fuming at not accepting the first £40m bid I was saying, well, we have to replace him and at the time we were looking at Morgan Gibbs White who went for more than that first bid.

I feel like we hear this with every big departure, but the problem is the cumulative effect.

James, sicknote, won’t be a big loss.
Digne, been average this season, nearly 28, won’t be a big loss.
Richarlison, wastes a lot of chances, won’t be a big loss.
Gordon, overpriced, no end product, won’t be a big loss.

But when you’re not bringing in the quality to replace the net result becomes a massive, gaping loss.

They get compared against imaginary / fantasy replacements.

We should try and keep our best players - nevermind comparing them to players that won't come here.

Everton survives relegation by the skin of it's teeth.

Everton then sells their best player - the player who provided most goals and assists.

Everton is then about to sell it's most promising player with a few days of the window left.

Everton is seemingly scrambling around looking at Che Adams and Ben Brereton.

I rate Che Adams to be fair, but if we get relegated this season - there will be plenty of "What did Everton expect?"

I shared my view on here in June about whether the club have the right credentials/experience to manage the transfer market in that it seemed to me Thelwell and Lampard weren't ultimately responsible for transfers at their clubs before us.

I don't think any three of any of McNeil, Gordon, Townsend, Gray, Rondon and Calvert-Lewin for maybe 10-15 games is competitive enough to avoid another relegation fight.

I think the next days of the window will determine whether we're fighting relegation to the wire, or comfortably mid table. The margins are small between them, but we need goals and this team doesn't have creativity, or goals.

Lets just hope Thelwell and Lampard, who are reportedly relying on Kenwright to help, have some magic in them this next week.
I don't think 'fighting' relegation will even be the right word. We will go down meekly with the current state of things.

Not so sure on him, watched the Leeds game and he looked slow to react and standard safe ball merchant going backwards , i understand it was a poor Chelsea performance which could mask how good he may be but i didnt see anything special, he struggled at the end at CP and ended up getting dropped.
Not so sure he was ever dropped at CP, and for sure it is pretty harsh to judge him based off the Leeds performance (where he did look well of it to be fair), rather than on the season at CP.

He is a undoubtedly an upgrade on his CP form to, at least, some of the midfielders we currently have and the goal scoring ‘threat’ from our midfield has been virtually non existent for a while so I definitely would like to see what he could do in our side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back