Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could share your optimism,but the players those teams have you would think will come good even if they change managers, I see a poor side from last term only getting worse with bad recruitment. Coady & Tarkowski only seem to work with a counter attack formation and we have no pace to implement that, big few days coming up, I do hope you’re right. Calvert-Lewin is a big risk to pinning hopes on atm. Let’s hope we finish the recruitment and put some decent pace and goals up front, the names being touted are a tad underwhelming though, no?
I agree on the underwhelming comment. we are in transition and need to keep our nerve.

I mean if we concede 50 and score 40 you will generally stay up.
As for the others, I'm afraid I just don't see sides like Brentford, Villa (under Gerrard) or Wolves as miles better. There are probably 4 or 5 others. There's a lot of poor teams, of which we are certainly one.
The only way the current squad is scoring 40 goals is if Calvert lewin comes back in the next couple of weeks, stays fit all year, and scores 20. Even then one or two others would probably need to step up on anything they’ve ever done before. That’s not trying to be negative, it’s just a realistic assessment of what we have available.

The only way the current squad is scoring 40 goals is if Calvert lewin comes back in the next couple of weeks, stays fit all year, and scores 20. Even then one or two others would probably need to step up on anything they’ve ever done before. That’s not trying to be negative, it’s just a realistic assessment of what we have available.
I think this is a negative view not a realistic one. we are still in the league cup !

The currency for survival is goals, you need to score them to win games, as it stands we have No strikers, no we are not better than them full stop. We are going to struggle big time, we have already lost points through this, it needs changing now. Can I be any plainer.
Not just no strikers we have no regular goal scorers from midfield can you see 40-55 goals in that squad at present even if DCL could stay fit for the whole season

Every single point is vital this year and we're casually losing them like its nothing.
The worrying part of this is that last season we were literally throwing points away due to crap defensive displays, poor marking from set pieces and individual errors.

So far this season we have not even played THAT badly, we just have nothing going forward. Even though the defence has theoretically improved they can only hold out for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back