Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
i looked at the wage reduction and it’s not as much as you may think. We have lost over l£100m per season and the wage reduction is nowhere near that.

siggy 100k, Delph, 80k Tosun 80k plus Kenny.

let’s say 300k per week. 100m equates to1.9m per week.

We have subsequently signed six players, so I recon were spending more on wages than we saved.

Added to that, there are probably liabilities to pay for our previous purchases. Some of the Richarlison money probably has to go on debt.

Finally, we earned less money because of our lowly league position.
Sigurdsson, Delph, Tosun and Richarlison would’ve all been big earners, Kenny along with them like you said. We also removed El Ghazi’s wages as well as the vast majority of Dele’s and now Gbamin’s too. With the talk of us trying to get rid of Gomes and Allan, two more higher earners.

Aside from Kenny in let’s say £30k, each of the 9 players I’ve mentioned there are certainly on at least £80k/pw and more in most cases but just say that as an average. That’s £750k a week so if you look at your figure of £1.9m/pw then these players are more than 1/3 of that figure.

Obviously we’ve added players too but I would say the highest figure, most likely Tarkowski, would be less than any of the players that we just got rid of and the rest of the player we brought in are probably on far less. Even if we’re “only” saving £400k compared to last season that’s incredibly good progress over the course of a few months.

By the end of this season that’ll only grow further with players like Davies, Doucoure, Townsend, Coleman, Rondon and Mina out of contract as well as Allan if he’s still here. I could see that easily being another £400k+ off the wage bill if they all left and in truth I can see that happening, maybe aside from them offering Davies a deal, who’d probably be the lowest earner out of them anyway.

Our losses might be £100m+ but that’s not all just down to wages however if we can be in a position where this time next year we’re £600k a week better off than we were at the end of last season which would add up to over £30m, as well as player sales like Richarlison for £60m offsetting incoming transfers then you’ve got a much healthier loss than we have now.

What a well reasoned argument. I now agree with you that we should not sign a; 6ft, 23 year old international striker, who scored 22 goal in the championship for £15m. Thanks.
I’d understand people not wanting him if he were the player we’d have to rely on when Calvert Lewin was out but with Maupay now I don’t know why people would be opposed to him. Like you’ve said, good young player with a good record in The Championship so far.

£10m-£15m is nothing for a player these days and worse case scenario he gets time to develop and comes here as third choice centre forward and third or fourth choice winger. Plenty opportunity for game time but if he was still a bit raw he’d get plenty time to sharpen the edges of his game for the top division.

I think we should snap Chelsea’s hand off if it gets to 60m. Might not get the opportunity again. If the idiots running the asylum had any sense they’d have anticipated this and had a few deals advanced in case.

The major flaw in your impassioned argument is that there is no £60m bid. In which case, what are you expecting of the idiots? I suppose they should also have anticipated that and acted on it accordingly already?

Our losses might be £100m+ but that’s not all just down to wages however if we can be in a position where this time next year we’re £600k a week better off than we were at the end of last season which would add up to over £30m, as well as player sales like Richarlison for £60m offsetting incoming transfers then you’ve got a much healthier loss than we have now.
Our wage bill was 92% of turnover, highest percentage in the league. It has to be brought down to sane levels for the club to quit bleeding red ink.

The other thing that has to happen is we have to start realizing consistent revenue from outgoings. Big net spends + unsustainable wages = massive losses.

You just made half of that up. No way Ving is on 50 or Dwighty on 70 for that matter. Can't see Coads being on 80 at Wolves and doubt very much Tara's is on 100. Reckon you could easily knock 80-100 off that figure.
I didnt make half of it up, I made all of it up mate.

Was just rough guesses, but I doubt the figures are that far, 100k is a fair either wayer.

The window has been good so far. We need to remember where we are- we survived relegation by the skin of our teeth last season and have had to comply with P&L. We won’t be able to get the names some want.

Each player we’ve signed this summer improves the squad and I don’t think we’ve paid any bloated fees either.

The window could be a lot worse or a lot better depending on any final business but it’s been much better than I thought so far.

If we get Gana/Garner in (sounds like we want both) and another decent attacker (seems Broja is still a target) then I think we have to say Thelwell has had a pretty decent start to the job.

I might be the only one here but I see Gakpo as a massive punt. Think he’s completely overvalued and is a product of this current window.

Someone might panic buy him bury my god I think number being floated around for him is insane

i looked at the wage reduction and it’s not as much as you may think. We have lost over l£100m per season and the wage reduction is nowhere near that.

siggy 100k, Delph, 80k Tosun 80k plus Kenny.

let’s say 300k per week. 100m equates to1.9m per week.

We have subsequently signed six players, so I recon were spending more on wages than we saved.

Added to that, there are probably liabilities to pay for our previous purchases. Some of the Richarlison money probably has to go on debt.

Finally, we earned less money because of our lowly league position.
Sigi was on 140k a week Delph was on 120k

I might be the only one here but I see Gakpo as a massive punt. Think he’s completely overvalued and is a product of this current window.

Someone might panic buy him bury my god I think number being floated around for him is insane
The other day I was talking to a group of Dutch football fans, including PSV fans, and they all talked highly of him: still a lot to learn but a high ceiling.

The window has been good so far. We need to remember where we are- we survived relegation by the skin of our teeth last season and have had to comply with P&L. We won’t be able to get the names some want.

Each player we’ve signed this summer improves the squad and I don’t think we’ve paid any bloated fees either.

The window could be a lot worse or a lot better depending on any final business but it’s been much better than I thought so far.

If we get Gana/Garner in (sounds like we want both) and another decent attacker (seems Broja is still a target) then I think we have to say Thelwell has had a pretty decent start to the job.
Spot on.
Obviously time will tell if Thelwell has made a good start but what I’ve been pleasantly surprised at is the size of change in one window and let’s be honest we’ve needed a ‘reset’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back