Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

That doesnt really show what you think it shows.

Look at the names hes with Joelinton, Pascal Gross and hes even less creative than somebody called Jack Harrison, whoever he is.

Dress it up however you like, we are woeful at creating chances, 2 of our goals this season have come from long punts up field and 1 own goal, I dont even know how it can be argued we lack creativity.
Long punts upfield as you put it are still creativity.

Ok, it's not a Cruyff turn and a backheeled ball through a group of players, but Pickford's certainly was having the vision to spot the run and the accuracy to play the right ball. It wasn't chance so I would argue that's every bit as creative

Long punts upfield as you put it are still creativity.

Ok, it's not a Cruyff turn and a backheeled ball through a group of players, but Pickford's certainly was having the vision to spot the run and the accuracy to play the right ball. It wasn't chance so I would argue that's every bit as creative
Thats fair, but do you really want to be relying on Pickford picking out 70 yard passes every game?

Top teams don't play with a number 10. It's an outdated position, which doesn't work in modern football, and has no place in a bang average team like ours
How about a midfielder that can score goals pretty sure we don’t have any. All our plays come from the wing who’s delivering down the middle? Not iwobi.. possibly Onana he’s still new

Also KDB is a solid #10 so you are incorrect Sir

1661865751216.webp

A bit of strength & depth compared to last year, but like many worried about the quality and forward line. If only we had a few pennies to get a top winger and striker in, would make the season a lot more interesting.

View attachment 181144

A bit of strength & depth compared to last year, but like many worried about the quality and forward line. If only we had a few pennies to get a top winger and striker in, would make the season a lot more interesting.
Agreed, decent side that. Could still do with a better centre back for me, but more so, we really need to sign the mythical left-footed right winger they've been talking about recruiting for years. Ideally they need to instantly be our best player. Stick Raphinha in there, say, and we'd look so much more dangerous.

I am looking forward to seeing Maupay and DCL together up front and see how that works - has strong possibilities. However it does mean we would need crossers of the ball, which I dont think we have much of in the team since Digne left and townsend got crocked. With those two upfront you don't really need wingers who cut in like Grey, Gordon, McNeil, etc...
So roundabout way of saying I'd like to see a crossing winger come in, preferably on the right as we have Vinagre as an option from LWB but Coleman and Patterson are more direct on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back