Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but they were on about 250k a week between them. So not stupid on that front I suppose.
P.s I’m not for signing Townsend by the way.

I don’t get your point? We paid two useless wingers 250k a week, while sending them out for literally years of loans. They both left with no return on 48 million and 10s million in wages.

So signing Townsend, is showing all we have learned and how clever we are?

Townsend is more of the same.

We are stupid and this is a stupid decision.

If the older players or speculative players we sign are on short contracts and signed for low fees then I’m ok with that, particularly as squad fillers.

The problem ones are older high wages players or expensive punts aka Iwobi.

The bigger money needs to go on players like Godfrey. Players that will develop and turn a profit.

I don’t get your point? We paid two useless wingers 250k a week, while sending them out for literally years of loans.

So signing Toensend, is showing all we have learned and how clever we are?

We are stupid and this is a stupid decision.
If we are paying Townsend 50k, that’s 200k freed up to bring somebody better in as well.
Nobody expects Townsend to be a regular, I think just for a bit of squad depth.
Think back to last season when we had how many games with kids on the bench or couldn’t even fill it. This improves the bench for me, on a free and wages won’t be astronomical.

If we are paying Townsend 50k, that’s 200k freed up to bring somebody better in as well.
Nobody expects Townsend to be a regular, I think just for a bit of squad depth.
Think back to last season when we had how many games with kids on the bench or couldn’t even fill it. This improves the bench for me, on a free and wages won’t be astronomical.

This signing does absolutely not improve the squad, I’m disgusted the club are making this signing, I’d honestly rather play Gordon and Broadhead.

You can’t honesty be happy with this signing, you are trying to convince yourself.

Financially how about we don’t sign a useless winger and keep 250k.

Nobody is spending £25m on James this summer. I think he is genuinely brilliant but no club outside of the UK will spend that kind of cash.
Especially if it’s clear that the reason he’s being sold is that Rafael doesn’t fancy him. We got him for nothing and clubs will know we want rid. I can see us letting him go for nothing if someone is willing to take his wages on.

That’s not what I want, like, we’re just in a garbo negotiating position.

Especially if it’s clear that the reason he’s being sold is that Rafael doesn’t fancy him. We got him for nothing and clubs will know we want rid. I can see us letting him go for nothing if someone is willing to take his wages on.

That’s not what I want, like, we’re just in a garbo negotiating position.
Yeh we made a big deal out of telling everyone we got him on a free so we looked clever.

Another clumsy move the club.

Yeh we made a big deal out of telling everyone we got him on a free so we looked clever.

Another clumsy move the club.
Yeah, in hindsight you’re right. At that time I don’t think we ever dreamed that we’d be trying to get rid after a year. Him wanting to get off was conceivable but never us wanting to bin him. With that said we should have been savvy enough to cover any eventuality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back