Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree there pal - funnily enough had we kept Walcott as an option on the bench last season we may have gotten a few extra points and qualified for Europe instead Carlo looked to the bench and had the choice of putting Benard or some 17 year old rookie on to try grab a goal.

I just can't moan at Gray and Townsend for £1.5 million certainly not when they are short term deals.

I dont know what some were expecting when its clear funds are tight and we need 3-4 first team additions that will cost a fair whack in addition to replacing squad players like Walcott and Benard with cheaper options to balance the books.

Why accumulate gash though mate. Townsend offers us 0 in terms of progression. Palace identified him as a declining force and offered him reduced terms and most of their fans would say he isn’t a starter for them.

I don’t care if we’re skint, stick the kids in, we binned Lookman and Dowell and for what a Palace squad player. We’ve been down this road before with Bolaise and Walcott.

It’s the height of stupidly, at best lads are trying to convince themselves against their better instincts, they shouldn’t be. There are no such thing as squad fillers these days, you need 20 - 25 high quality players all competent of playing first team football with out missing a beat, Townsend adds 0 to us in terms of improving or worse competing, with squads we need to be.

Disgusted with the club, we’ve learned nothing.

We have to learn our lesson on wages soon, so you may be right.

No problem with signing Gray at all, Townsends a bit meh, but can they be any worse than what we've got?!

I don't think so/hope not.
Townsend really could be but maybe he'll hit Dom's head a few times and it'll be fine

Why accumulate gash though mate. Townsend offers us 0 in terms of progression. Palace identified him as a declining force and offered him reduced terms and most of their fans would say he isn’t a starter for them.

I don’t care if we’re skint, stick the kids in, we binned Lookman and Dowell and for what a Palace squad player. We’ve been down this road before with Bolaise and Walcott.

It’s the height of stupidly, at best lads are trying to convince themselves against their better instincts, they shouldn’t be. There are no such thing as squad fillers these days, you need 20 - 25 high quality players all competent of playing first team football with out missing a beat, Townsend adds 0 to us in terms of improving or worse competing, with squads we need to be.

Yeah there's no point in playing Townsend and shifting Gordon on

Townsend really could be but maybe he'll hit Dom's head a few times and it'll be fine

My suspicion is this is about trying to strike balance, I’ve nothing against the lad he’s a good pro, but his best attribute is covering and supporting fullbacks especially in latter years, but his legs and engine are going.

220279663_2898975173652068_2984671444489495120_n.webp

can’t believe anybody would be okay with us signing Gray or Townsend. No team with top half aspirations, never mind European aspirations, is signing them, even as squad players.

Wide midfield, especially the right hand side has been a problem position for years. They’ve had donkeys years to compile a list of targets and they end up with a pair of donkeys…sigh.

My suspicion is this is about trying to strike balance, I’ve nothing against the lad he’s a good pro, but his best attribute is covering and supporting fullbacks especially in latter years, but his legs and engine are going.
Unfortunately it's going to be tough for us to sign these old pros and strike a balance (which the necessity of I seriously question sometimes) and also have them be good players. Because frankly good players who are 27-30 usually play for good teams. There'll be your Gareth Barry around but they tend to be the exception.

can’t believe anybody would be okay with us signing Gray or Townsend. No team with top half aspirations, never mind European aspirations, is signing them, even as squad players.

Wide midfield, especially the right hand side has been a problem position for years. They’ve had donkeys years to compile a list of targets and they end up with a pair of donkeys…sigh.
If Leverkusen, a team whose developmental capabilities dwarf ours, felt it was OK to give Gray a chance 6 months ago I'm still fine with it now.

Gray for 1.5 m is fine he has actual pace but very little end product least he could be an effective sub. We still need a quality right back, midfielder and right wing.

I don't really trust any of them in charge of recruitment – they've done little to earn our trust.

I also think Benitez will have firmly wanted Townsend in.

Grim.

FWIW, he probably offers about as much as Bernard but with a bit more variety to his play.

I still don't think it's what we should be doing albeit for the year, I can live with it. But what I can't live with is James out and Townsend in, but we probably all know that's gonna happen.

Squad players apparently but I think they will get plenty of starts...mid table here we stay

I don't really trust any of them in charge of recruitment – they've done little to earn our trust.

I also think Benitez will have firmly wanted Townsend in.

Grim.

FWIW, he probably offers about as much as Bernard but with a bit more variety to his play.

I still don't think it's what we should be doing albeit for the year, I can live with it. But what I can't live with is James out and Townsend in, but we probably all know that's gonna happen.
Variety?

Well I can take Gray. Just turned 25, plenty of pace and offers an actual quick, direct option to mix games up.

Townsend is extremely, extremely meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back