Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it was his hometown club announced they received no fee from the deal. Meaning he had to of been signed on a free.

Then real madrid admitted it and lastly we admitted it via brands at the agm
Ah yes, that's right. Knew it was revealed in an odd way. Should have realised what I said was wrong when I typed "Real Madrid" and "transparent" in the same sentence.

This signing does absolutely not improve the squad, I’m disgusted the club are making this signing, I’d honestly rather play Gordon and Broadhead.

You can’t honesty be happy with this signing, you are trying to convince yourself.

Financially how about we don’t sign a useless winger and keep 250k.

Disagree there pal - funnily enough had we kept Walcott as an option on the bench last season we may have gotten a few extra points and qualified for Europe instead Carlo looked to the bench and had the choice of putting Benard or some 17 year old rookie on to try grab a goal.

I just can't moan at Gray and Townsend for £1.5 million certainly not when they are short term deals.

I dont know what some were expecting when its clear funds are tight and we need 3-4 first team additions that will cost a fair whack in addition to replacing squad players like Walcott and Benard with cheaper options to balance the books.

Nothing to do with how ruthless or otherwise he is, and more to do with - surprisingly - the fact that nobody wants to buy garbage players on astronomical wages.

Apologies my friend, that was my poor attempt at irony.

I know there are absolutely No fool clubs like us to take these wasters off our hands.

I hope we don't throw daft money at Townsend cos were getting him for nothing.

Apologies my friend, that was my poor attempt at irony.

I know there are absolutely No fool clubs like us to take these wasters off our hands.

I hope we don't throw daft money at Townsend cos were getting him for nothing.
Famous last words but I don’t think we will. Townsend and Gray will warm nobody’s cockles but I think they’re sensible signings in that they’re in last chance saloon and so aren’t in the position to be negotiating big signing fees and wages.

Hopefully one or both can be some combination of half decent in their own right and/or enough of a push to the other wide players to make it a worthwhile gamble.

Disagree there pal - funnily enough had we kept Walcott as an option on the bench last season we may have gotten a few extra points and qualified for Europe instead Carlo looked to the bench and had the choice of putting Benard or some 17 year old rookie on to try grab a goal.

I just can't moan at Gray and Townsend for £1.5 million certainly not when they are short term deals.

I dont know what some were expecting when its clear funds are tight and we need 3-4 first team additions that will cost a fair whack in addition to replacing squad players like Walcott and Benard with cheaper options to balance the books.

I see the point you are making. I think because it it a reality check as to where we stand in the pecking order. I don’t think any of the sides that finished in top 10 last season would make these signings. These are The types of signings you would expect from Steve Bruce at Newcastle

Famous last words but I don’t think we will. Townsend and Gray will warm nobody’s cockles but I think they’re sensible signings in that they’re in last chance saloon and so aren’t in the position to be negotiating big signing fees and wages.

Hopefully one or both can be some combination of half decent in their own right and/or enough of a push to the other wide players to make it a worthwhile gamble.

We have to learn our lesson on wages soon, so you may be right.

No problem with signing Gray at all, Townsends a bit meh, but can they be any worse than what we've got?!

I don't think so/hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back