Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate that first paragraph is very much "it's OK that Rom is gone we'll spread the goals around." I can understand what you're saying and respect the positive outlook but there's a good reason the team played to Grealish so much and it's that your midfield is utterly crap. Which you've done nothing to improve. And while Bailey and Buendia do give you a large chunk of what Grealish did that midfield remains a weak point for me. I expect you'll be at least as good as we will, definitely better to watch, but I still feel like you're just shy of having enough to make a run at Europe.

But considering you've sold your best player this window probably hasn't been a catastrophe so you should feel good!
Rooney, Sigurdsson, Niasse and DCL bagged 26 goals between them in 2017-18.

Brands is making Steve Walsh look better all the time.

Never heard of him tbh. A look at his youtube video shows him to be athletic and pacey so in that regard he has the edge on Kenny who has regressed over the last 2 seasons.

But he is 24, has not been part of the national set up since he was 19, has played the last 3 seasons in a league that is probably not on a par with the Championship, and we're competing with Celtic for his signature for less than £4m. This is not the fact file of the calibre of player we are looking for to be our new number 1 right back.
It may not be but 60k!

Is all I'm sayin

I dont control who Everton target mate im just saying if the club seem interested in McNeil then thats the likely scenario that will happen rather than McNeil playing on the right.

I personally think McNeil is a Leicester type signing - young, english, hard working, good potential everything we haven't signed in recent years.

We have one of the best headers of the ball in DCL yet only have Digne who can put in a decent cross. We need more players able to whip a good ball in and McNeil fits the bill. Dyche will also have the lad used to tracking back / being disciplined in shape/formation.

McNeil would stay wide so would occupy the space Digne needs to overlap

I’m no huge defender of James. I don’t think him leaving would be the bombshell some think, but I don’t follow this logic. If mid-table clubs could only ever attract mid-table players unopposed, they’d never move and there’d be little point to competitive football.

As I’m sure you well know (and we found out to a degree last year) his injury record is sketchy. As a club we took the view that we’d rather have that calibre of player available to us 2/3 of the time than not at all, and that the outlay for that was justified.

In terms of reputation and ability he is light years ahead of the rest of the team. We saw a glimpse at the start of the season of what he could do for the team but unfortunately we dragged him down to our level rather than the opposite.
The truth is that mid-table clubs very rarely move and there is little point to competitive football. Leicester have been brilliant recently and can't make top 4. In almost every top league it's dominated by a few rich clubs. Barca are on the verge of meltdown yet even with Koeman at the helm it's unlikely that they'll fail to qualify for the champion's league.

I don't care what talented singular players can give us, for the sake of a 'soccer am Tekkers vid ?? . I want to see our team with a plan first and foremost. I want our manager to pick a player for a specific spot regardless of name or status but of knowledge of his positioning, his strengths and his weaknesses in said position.
Another way of looking at it.. . I think us as a fan base have been so starved of being relevant with the press, We need a hero, a big name hero to ensure we are at least talked about. This is a mistake, look at Plopp, Furgussett, The crazy Italian whistler or the speshul one... The team is far stronger than the.... Singular ? What phrase am I looking for. ? ...

Bed.

This old nugget.

Kante transfers don't grow on trees mate. They are very rare. But even Kante came from a much better league and his stats were excellent for anybody paying attention.

I know but they're out there if your scouting is good (I would trust our scouting more on unknown players).
if you don't take a punt sometimes you don't get lucky, especially for a relatively small sum.
Kante only had 1 season in a much better league and its not even that much better tbf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back