Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is excellent albeit it’s taken a long time. But he was signed for £1.5M in August 2016 and we could sell him for 50 times that. Kean was £25M, a Brands signing and apparently we’d be lucky to get that £25M back. From a pure business perspective all Everton have done in the last 5 years is destroy value, with a couple of exceptions such as Richarlison.
It really is depressing how we wasted so much of the Lukaku money.

If it comes to a choice of the 2 it's obviously Diaz. But the point is you still need to replace James in the squad. Diaz doesn't really do that.

I'm not entirely sure that's true tbh

If Diaz comes, he plays on the left. That's where Richarlison currently plays and clearly we aren't dropping him, so you'd assume he will be playing just off the front man in a sort of 4411 system (not a million miles away from a 442). Effectively it does replace James, just we will be playing more direct. If we need a number 10 then Iwobi and Gray can both play there.

I'd have liked to have seen a like-for-like replacement for James, but think the change in style this season may mean that we don't necessarily need one

I'm not entirely sure that's true tbh

If Diaz comes, he plays on the left. That's where Richarlison currently plays and clearly we aren't dropping him, so you'd assume he will be playing just off the front man in a sort of 4411 system (not a million miles away from a 442). Effectively it does replace James, just we will be playing more direct. If we need a number 10 then Iwobi and Gray can both play there.

I'd have liked to have seen a like-for-like replacement for James, but think the change in style this season may mean that we don't necessarily need one
I agree Diaz is more of a long term replacement for Richy.

But with due respect to the players you mentioned none of them come remotely close to replacing the creativity that James brings, or Siggy for that matter.

To go into the season with such a lack of creativity in the squad is stupid in my opinion

Agreed if James go I don't see where our creativity comes from. I'm all for huff, puff and pace but if you need to pick a lock that isn't going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back