Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
€20m will represent a profit in the accounts when he goes (residual value by then will be about £10m), plus saving a year’s wages and whatever loan fee we’re getting from Juve.

Not sure what the cryarses are expecting for a player who has done nothing for us. Those bleating on about his numbers for PSG - If I go to the vaults am I going to find you decrying it as a farmer’s league in other threads? Can’t have it both ways…

He doesn’t want to play for us mate, Kean didn’t want to play for us, and still got game time.

James didn’t even known we were playing Leeds. I’m on the fence about Benitez, but can’t cane him for this, I actually think he’s handled it very well.
I disagree.
At Inter he alienated the best players as soon as he arrived.
They failed miserably and he didn't last the season.
He's doing the same.

We don’t hold the cards because the player doesn’t want to play for us and we’re in an FFP hole. We can’t keep hold of him because he doesn’t want to be here, and we can’t improve unless we sell someone.

The problem is we havent sold him so wont be able to improve from a loan fee.

We could just tell players they stay unless the fee we are after is matched. That figure, 17m is pretty embarrassing from Brands to be honest. He cant seem to sell anyone.

The problem is we havent sold him so wont be able to improve from a loan fee.

We could just tell players they stay unless the fee we are after is matched. That figure, 17m is pretty embarrassing from Brands to be honest. He cant seem to sell anyone.

Wages will be off the book and no doubt there’ll be an accounting fix behind it to allow us to ease the FFP wriggle room.

If him leaving means a player who wants to be here and can contribute can join then that is surely a better scenario than keeping an unhappy player.

the one year loan to PSG was actually the best option - he would have had a decent chance of scoring a hatful against rubbish and we could have flogged him for a bit to them next year (maybe)

now we are stuck with no money for 2 years, and they will in no way pay a big fee of 20m if he is a failure (likely) in the last year of a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back