Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
They went down the spend big to win the champions league route and didn't improve the areas that needed improving. Thats why it didn't work, not because ronaldo held the team back.

he was the spearhead, the crown jewell, the hope. The one that turns water into wine.

hence paying £100 million and £500k a week for him, they cant afford that.

The fee is underwhelming at best isn't it. I can only assume that the conditions are really easy to meet, i.e he plays 10 games and they finish in the top 4. My faith in Brands is at an all time low though it has to be said. His record selling players is poor.

Yes.

I am objective enough to see, due to age and wages a lot of our players arent saleable. Kean is saleable.

Not a great deal, but also not really surprising is it. We bought him pre-pandemic when prices were higher, he hasn't really done anything in an Everton shirt, we want to sell him, and in his last game for the club he got sent off for indiscipline. We were hardly going to get £50m up front.

That's the point though isnt it? He was meant to be one we did better on as he was young and improving. I have no idea how the club and Brands think we are going to turn a profit.
Yes a fail for sure - he was considered a decent gamble at the time - all obvious in hindsight. Brands needs some wins though.

€20m will represent a profit in the accounts when he goes (residual value by then will be about £10m), plus saving a year’s wages and whatever loan fee we’re getting from Juve.

Not sure what the cryarses are expecting for a player who has done nothing for us. Those bleating on about his numbers for PSG - If I go to the vaults am I going to find you decrying it as a farmer’s league in other threads? Can’t have it both ways…
Good happy clapping mate your top blue badge is in the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back