Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted Benitez now but agree he did seem to come in and go for James - sometimes people do that to show authority. I also just think Benitez came in and tried to start addressing FFP straight away - James being an obvious sellable asset.
Fair enough. And at the end of the day he is the manager and he decides who he wants in his squad and who he doesn't. I can accept that without agreeing with who he does and doesn't want. It's when people say it's all down to James that I don't understand.

Di Marzio now saying Kean is a two-year loan with obligation to buy for 20mil Euros.

That would be weird but also would perhaps give leeway in that we'd get 20m when he'd be in the last year of his deal with us and on top of that would have got at least 11m in loan fees to cover his wages on top of that
Let’s see Juve pay a fee in the last year of his deal if he does very little for them.

At a minimum you would assume loan deals can be cancelled as we have done in the past with certain players.

Surely there's a loan fee of 5m or so covering the 2 year loan as well so we will actually make a profit on Kean overall
People will just decide whether it’s a good deal or not based on whether they like brands or not.

It’s adequate in my eyes. I’d imagine it’s structured to break even.

We probably owe them a fee for this year which they’ll write off as the loan fee. Wages removed from our books for the rest of his contract. Provided he doesn’t have a career ending injury we get €20m.

If that deal is true, we've had our trousers pulled down, again. We literally can't do anything properly.

If that deal is true, we've had our trousers pulled down, again. We literally can't do anything properly.
Sometimes it is good to have your trousers pulled down.....what I mean is that if it opens up the opportunity to do other deal/s so be it

Not a great deal, but also not really surprising is it. We bought him pre-pandemic when prices were higher, he hasn't really done anything in an Everton shirt, we want to sell him, and in his last game for the club he got sent off for indiscipline. We were hardly going to get £50m up front.
Pre pandemic when prices were higher......in that case what the hell would Abraham have been worth pre pandemic?

Really don't get why people are especially arsed about the Kean deal with Juve..

The kid wants to go home and we're freeing up finances to move for players who actually want to be here. Don't see the problem - he never exactly set the Premier League alight did he?
Because the deal highlights the levels of ineptitude that are tolerated , actually scratch that because he was elevated to the board , rewarded at Goodison.
The club is shambolic from top to bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back