Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously that would depend on him not doing very well for them.

In that scenario keeping him out of the team and avoiding a large transfer fee with further contractual commitment makes perfect sense for them.
Sure, I agree, but they know him, his attitude and his abilities. It's not a blind transfer. They expect to buy him. Of course, anything can happen. He could break his leg finishing his career. That's the chance with any loan deal and why it makes sense for the loaning club to insert a clause. We still don't know the clauses though but I wouldn't expect them to be difficult to be met. It's not beneficial to either party to make it difficult to buy or difficult to sell.

Sure, I agree, but they know him, his attitude and his abilities. It's not a blind transfer. They expect to buy him. Of course, anything can happen. He could break his leg finishing his career. That's the chance with any loan deal and why it makes sense for the loaning club to insert a clause. We still don't know the clauses though but I wouldn't expect them to be difficult to be met. It's not beneficial to either party to make it difficult to buy or difficult to sell.
I still think you’re missing the main point which if he’s not very good then they can easily get out of this. Frankly that scenario given what we know of him is actually quite likely. Juve are a very big club. In 2 years they will have options beyond Moise Kean should they wish to explore them.

On the other hand I doubt if we can prevent a sale - not that we’d want to presumably.

Not sure why you’re being dismissive around concern about another transfer failure. It’s these repeated issues that stop us signing players and progressing as a club. It matters.
You can’t magically persuade someone to pay top dollar for a player who doesn’t want to be here and isn’t that good anyways.
The transfer failures are decided 99% of the time in the buy side and it appears they are trying to stop repeating those failures by looking for bargains.

im still displeased we haven’t brought in a rb but getting rid of kean is something I’m very happy about. He was never going to be a player at goodison so get him out of here. I think Rafael cares about team fight and team spirit and moise was a liability in regards to that.

You can’t magically persuade someone to pay top dollar for a player who doesn’t want to be here and isn’t that good anyways.
The transfer failures are decided 99% of the time in the buy side and it appears they are trying to stop repeating those failures by looking for bargains.

im still displeased we haven’t brought in a rb but getting rid of kean is something I’m very happy about. He was never going to be a player at goodison so get him out of here. I think Rafael cares about team fight and team spirit and moise was a liability in regards to that.
The feller who bought him for £30M has just gave him away for a year with no categorical guarantee Juventus will purchase him.

That's the issue.

I’m sure there will be mechanisms in place for them to avoid being ‘obliged’ to buy him.

I was merely outlining one such potential scenario. There will be others.
Or there might not be, it might be that they have to have qualify for europe so they are guaranteed income

I still think you’re missing the main point which if he’s not very good then they can easily get out of this.

on the other hand I doubt if we can prevent a sale - not that we’d want to presumably.
I'm not missing the point but you're assuming failure. They knew his qualities and aren't expecting him to fail. They saw him succeed at PSG too. The only place he's looked substandard is when he's played in our substandard team.

Or there might not be, it might be that they have to have qualify for europe so they are guaranteed income
If you are saying there will be no mechanism for them to get out of this then I’m sorry I don’t agree. At a minimum I’m sure number of appearances will count.

It's going to be the way under Benitez mate, we buy player, player turns out crap, it's down to Brands (he is mostly gash at his job like) we buy player, player ends up being boss, it's down to Benitez.
You mean like it has been since brands came in. Almost like the persons doing this don’t like the DoF role and have something bordering on a vendetta against any action the DoF does??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back