Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all, they're both as bad as eachother. There's no point bringing someone in just because they have a fresher name.

Coleman, even now, with no legs left, is substantially better than Maitland-Niles. So what on earth is the point of bringing him in? Just keep the reserve right back you have who's on buttons, may as well.

We don't need cover for Coleman; we need a replacement for him. Urgently. Maitland-Niles blatantly isn't it.
Kenny is absolutely diabolical.

He does seem like he could still rough up a defence.

From my memory hes an animal, he just batters people and creates chaos in the box. granted i haven't seen him since Newcastle.

But lets look at it, we have one of the best young strikers in the box - with ball at feet, and who can play of the shoulder in Kean. We're not going to play that way, we're going to wellie crosses in for the season, so he wont make it here. If thats what we are going to do, Rondon is a decent fit as a back up to DCL and maybe we wont flog him this year that hes jacked by March.

The way it is, you have to back your manager and DOF - im not a fan of either - just to be clear.

But if you want to play this game coherently and consistently its the only show in town as a philosophy- both will be praised or critiqued on their decisions.

If they see value in AMN and Rondon, in terms of squad progression - you have to back it and accept it.

I think AMN is a curious one, Wenger is no fool and he developed and played him, sometimes players need trust and a home - Gray (so far) is a case in point.

ANM has five full England caps, European experience and some Wiley managers have brought him in, the Dude can cover a hell of a lot of positions, so i see the lgoic - we've always in our most successful years have had a utility player.

Yes good post.

I also think players get to a certain point where the penny drops and they are ready to kick on. When you're probably a bit older than being a prospect, and a big younger than being right in your prime. That 23-25 age bracket. Lots of players get hyped at 18-21 and not that many make it. Many get lost in that time. To a degree Gray and Maitland-Niles fit that.

I think Maitland Niles agent is speaking to him to look to convince him, longer term his best prospects may well be converting to play at right back. Arnold did this at Liverpool and it was a very good career decision. To be fair to him he had that maturity at 17/18 to make the switch which would benefit his career.

We targeted that age group really well under Moyes. Players who clearly had talent, but for different reasons had fallen by the wayside a little bit. Baines, Jagielka, Lescott, Arteta, Peinaar, Cahill, Howard were all good examples of being in that age range when we signed them and came in and did well.

As a club and a crowd we are not the most forgiving of players from say 18/19 through. I don't think we tolerate poor performances well, or acknowledge it takes time. The positive about getting say a 23/25 year old is that they have made their mistakes elsewhere and you are dealing really with very little downside risk, even if you have to sacrifice some upside potential.

For Maitland Niles, if he can't get a game in CM over El Neny or Xhaka or whoever the option of playing regularly at right back for Everton should be one he gives a lot of consideration to. No it's not his 1st choice, but by nearly 24 you'd hope he can see he's not in the world of 1st choices now and this is probably a very good backup option for him.

Genuinely think he's a good player, no issue with him coming in if it happens. Suprised more than anything arsenal would let him go on the cheap given bellerins legs have fallen off and the other two (chambers and Cedric?) are absolute tripe.

1) gray looked good initially at Leicester as well.
2) fair enough, I'll give him that. (However we started with pace etc with Carlo last year as well)
3) we had 9 points this time last year and were in 2nd place at Christmas so it's a bit early to be using that as an argument because one of his arguments against Carlo is the whole being crap and relegation form etc. I actually think we were lucky to get a point vs Leeds and the only game we have really dominated is Brighton and that includes the cup game.
4) Virtually noone cares about the comment but Benitez' lovers ignore all of that and are fixated on it and can't get their heads out his backside.

I hope he proves me wrong but there aren't half some hypocrites who rewrite history.
Gray also had a good start for Leverkusen too, getting goal and assists in first few games. As I said, it's early days to get carried away. I posted the other day, Bernie, Walcott, Tosun, Iwobi, Sidibe, Gomes all looked good first few games. It's new club syndrome. I really do hope he continues in this vein because it solves a big problem for us for a very low outlay.

I think you're wrong to talk about dominating games. it isn't about possession, it's about what you do with the possession you have that counts. Last year we had lots more possession under Carlo but did absolutely bugger all with it. Now when we have it we play with more intent, pace and purpose. Our style of play really is a breath of fresh air compared to the majority of last season. I thought we were poor in the first half against Southampton, but have been excellent since then including the Leeds game. As I said it isn't about dominating possession. We created the far better chances against Leeds and their keeper made some excellent saves. We were definitely not lucky to get a draw and fully deserved all 3 points.

I care about the Little Club Comment and loads more on here do also. The relationship between the two clubs during his tenure at Anfield was as poor as I can remember (and I worked with about 10 RS match goers at the time so I should know) and most of it was stoked by his comments. I hated him and it's hard to shake that feeling off. But I do agree that there are some on here that are so far upside his arse that they won't have anything bad said about him. Equally there are those that let their hate for the man obscure the good things that he is clearly doing here on the field. Luckily most people are somewhere inbetween.

It's embarrassing that it's at least 3 years since it became clear that Coleman simply isn't good enough to be our first-choice right-back anymore and yet here we are, at the end of yet another transfer window, scrambling around trying to sign a player on loan who isn't even an actual right-back and by his own admission doesn't even like playing there. I'd call it incompetence but that doesn't even do it justice.

lol lol

Quite a brilliant strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back