Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you disagree last summers window was a success?
I’ve not judged this one yet because it hasn’t finished yet.
I don’t think it was a disaster like but I wouldn’t say it was a massive success either tbh. I think Allan and doucoure are both pretty good but they arent great long term value so we need success to make them good signings because of their age and that looks very unlikely to me right now and I definitely liked watching James but he’s either going to leave on a free now or we’re going to pay him another 5 or 10mil to play on his computer for a year so he’s not a success either. We didn’t sell anyone that I can remember so still had the same dead wood so all in all not a window many teams would be jealous of.

…pretty much.

I suppose we concentrate on transfers where some of us feel he has limited power, but it’s not the full scope of his job. He’s on the Board so is probably a conduit to the Managers and players. The players see him in a position of authority.

He also oversees the Academy and supposedly co-ordinates football strategy. He’ll feel his job is important.
If I was him I wouldn't hang my hat on the Academy doing its job and producing 1st team players.
Who on earth allows Unsworth to remain in charge with his track record?

In midfield we still have alot of players but we desperately need a right back

Looking at this kid from Arsenal seems their fans think he is their best rightback at the club
There's been a fair amount of conjecture about him not seeing himself as a full back. He got a loan move to the Albion last season and apparently insisted on a CM role.

Reading the Athletic earlier the player has said he wants to play as a RB, he wants to come to Everton and is demanding talks with Arteta. Arsenal have, Bellerin who wants out, Chambers, Cedric and Maitland-Niles. Their fans are running something like, Bellerin should go, Chambers and Cedric not good enough, Maitland-Niles is the one to keep.

I suspect it gets done tomorrow.

There's been a fair amount of conjecture about him not seeing himself as a full back. He got a loan move to the Albion last season and apparently insisted on a CM role.

Reading the Athletic earlier the player has said he wants to play as a RB, he wants to come to Everton and is demanding talks with Arteta. Arsenal have, Bellerin who wants out, Chambers, Cedric and Maitland-Niles. Their fans are running something like, Bellerin should go, Chambers and Cedric not good enough, Maitland-Niles is the one to keep.

I suspect it gets done tomorrow.
If he will have a meeting then it will get done in my opinion, him wanting to come here is key.

We are huge.

Saying that I don't know much about him but Chambers & Cedric are awful for what Arteta wants to do, thought Bellerin is highly rated wonder what's happened to him

If I was him I wouldn't hang my hat on the Academy doing its job and producing 1st team players.
Who on earth allows Unsworth to remain in charge with his track record?

…that’s a discussion that been extensively covered in the youth teams thread. From a transfer perspective, it is documented that Unsworth went to the Board and persuaded them to purchase DCL for £1m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back