Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we will go with what we've got - sky saying that British signings more likely now due to visa paperwork.
Doubt that's an issue really. Fairly certain that as long as all the other paperwork is completed, FIFA/UEFA allow for different Visa processes to go through. E.g. we do a deal tomorrow that requires one, but we only get the Home Office clearance 7 days later, will be fine.

The issue will be if a club agrees a deal and then the Visa is rejected several days later - no time to go for alternatives.

Could be wrong like.

James steps up with his effort and attitude, realising he needs to perform in all matches -not just one half of the season. Then I will agree with Rafael to include him in the team.
No Carlo anymore, we are looking less likely to accept and carry mediocrity across all areas of the pitch. Don't for one second think that James segregation is all to do with Rafael. I bet he made it clear he was not happy after The Rat left and would consider other options away from us. Now no one wants him, not even his national team. He was inconsistent last season, and only came because of one man, not for the cause. Happy for him to go, or put a real shift in and try to salvage what is left of his dwindling career.

His choice. I hope he does the hard work and shows the world what he is all about in a blue shirt.
Don't agree with any of that mate. But hey ho.

James won't fit in with the managers preferred style of play, but it's a style that suits the majority of our players so I have no issues. But it won't suit all opponents and I hope that Benitez is pragmatic enough to play James in games where his ability to open up stubborn defences will be most needed. And also introduce him from the bench when the game isn't going our way and a different approach is needed.

It's fair to say he won't start many games but he could be a fantastic asset to introduce from the bench against tiring legs. Being used sparingly should also ensure he is available much more often. I know most of you want him gone but he is a supremely talented player and will be a great asset if used correctly by the manager.

Not selling him may be the best signing we make this window. And he needs to perform if he wants somebody to offer him a new contract when ours runs out next year.

Don't agree with any of that mate. But hey ho.

James won't fit in with the managers preferred style of play, but it's a style that suits the majority of our players so I have no issues. But it won't suit all opponents and I hope that Benitez is pragmatic enough to play James in games where his ability to open up stubborn defences will be most needed. And also introduce him from the bench when the game isn't going our way and a different approach is needed.

It's fair to say he won't start many games but he could be a fantastic asset to introduce from the bench against tiring legs. Being used sparingly should also ensure he is available much more often. I know most of you want him gone but he is a supremely talented player and will be a great asset if used correctly by the manager.

Not selling him may be the best signing we make this window. And he needs to perform if he wants somebody to offer him a new contract when ours runs out next year.
A talented player but be honest with yourself. He is expensive and guarantees nothing at all. When he plays it is hot and cold. If he plays is even more doubtful. The fact is he is a player you want in the squad. FFP means we are simply unable to afford such a luxury. Not knowing who we are playing sums up his commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back