Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bissouma would be perfect for us.

A midfielder who doesn't score or assist and runs around a lot, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

We need a creative player, we have enough players who's greatest attribute is running.
At least Bissouma does a few things in midfield unlike a certain midfielder I know

Bissouma would be perfect for us.

A midfielder who doesn't score or assist and runs around a lot, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

We need a creative player, we have enough players who's greatest attribute is running.

The lad bossed us the other day, and is a good player.

Not saying we should sign him, but equally I'm not convinced we have a lot of runners in midfield. Our midfield is one of the least mobile in the league at times.

Pretty sure he will be moving elsewhere anyway.

He's an improvement on most of our midfielders, but doesn't bring anything we need to the table.

Plus he's heavily linked to Liverpool.

So I'm hating him in advance.
Well our midfield is so bad that bringing anything to the table is usually an improvement but I do feel like he's a bit too similar to Allan to make it a good signing. Hence the "we should know exactly what we're looking for him to do" part.

That's not enough. We've got to start thinking more specifically with our signings. He's probably versatile enough for it to not matter but we should know exactly what we want him to do and then decide if he's right for it.

How much more specific do you want it to be though? He would come in and do what Allan and Doucoure do, but better and is under 25. Is there a risk we just overcomplicate things?

My point is mate, as much as I like Bissouma, he's not worth the £40/45m Brighton would want from us.

He's a £20-25m player. So go out to another league and get a midfielder for that price who is just as good, if not better.

Zakaria probably would be around that £30m mark, for example, with Gladback not getting Europe, or Boubakary Soumare from Lille.

The problem is if our recruitment isn't on the money (which it isnt) then we could sign a player from France for £25-30 million and they completely bomb.

Its like Arsenal spending £70 million on Pepe instead of on Zaha - neither are worth those fees but Zaha would have atleast offered more to Arsenal than Pepe has.

We've tried avoiding the middle man road under Brands and have ended up with:

Slowmes
Benard
Kean
Gbamin

Only Digne has really worked out for us and our best signing this summer you could argue based on what he offers the side in terms of pace/legs is Doucoure who came from Watford and was Prem proven.

I dont think our DOF/scouts are good enough to do what Moist did for years and pluck £5-10 million bargains up from obscure teams.

The problem is if our recruitment isn't on the money (which it isnt) then we could sign a player from France for £25-30 million and they completely bomb.

Its like Arsenal spending £70 million on Pepe instead of on Zaha - neither are worth those fees but Zaha would have atleast offered more to Arsenal than Pepe has.

We've tried avoiding the middle man road under Brands and have ended up with:

Slowmes
Benard
Kean
Gbamin

Only Digne has really worked out for us and our best signing this summer you could argue based on what he offers the side in terms of pace/legs is Doucoure who came from Watford and was Prem proven.

I dont think our DOF/scouts are good enough to do what Moist did for years and pluck £5-10 million bargains up from obscure teams.
Spending 70m on Zaha really can't be the crux of your point.

Our best players right now are James, Digne and Dom. None came with PL experience. It's about signing good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back