Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's basically like games played etc mate

Barring injury, they're buying him.

My frustration would be if Brands has let it be two years, not one.

….might be the best we can get given he’s not exactly in demand, the window is about to close and he’s not been effective for us.

Another poor acquisition but hopefully (and eventually) clawing monies back. i suppose there’s also the possibility of future business with Juventus taking this money into account.

He also said he wants to see out his contract with us. Seems to me you are selective in what you read.

At the same time he has been treated poorly by the club IMO. As soon as Benitez arrived James and the whole world were advised he wasn't wanted here. He was then excluded from training with the squad and even had his squad number from last season given to a youth player FFS.

But hey, he didn't know who we were playing when he hadn't been near the place for almost 2 weeks and it's OMG how can he disrespect the club like that. We'll respect works both ways.

Seems to me that you are so desperate to place blame on benitez for anything you're letting it cloud your judgement.

He wants to see out his contract but he doesn't want to play for us?

When has he been excluded from training? Hes strangely enough been self isolating for a while.

Whats more plausible, benitez has walked in on his first day and gone to our best footballer "james get too feck!" Or ancelotti left and benitez has told him he's got to work hard to get into the starting 11 and he's thrown his toys out of the pram.

The cloumbian press are always having a go about his attitude this is nothing new and he's a national hero over there. The lad doesn't like hard work.

But no its obviously all benitez fault isnt it. James is training in the car park and benitez won't let him in the training ground, hes took his locker off him, hes took his number off him, he won't let him in the senior cantine to be honest I think benitez only took the everton job just to ruin james career and sully his good name.

We don’t hold the cards because the player doesn’t want to play for us and we’re in an FFP hole. We can’t keep hold of him because he doesn’t want to be here, and we can’t improve unless we sell someone.

Sounds basically like we get 20m - just not now. Obviously his value has gone down so it was a gamble lost. Accounting wise I expect it counts towards FFP and that is why it is attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.