Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if anything over a takeover will even happen in my lifetime. Its the golden carrot isnt it, we all hang our hope onto it yet its always out of reach.

I wonder who would be our new chairman if bill had to step down! Can't see anyone on the board stepping up, maybe elstone?

Well in this case it would just be the American bloke wouldn't it?

Well in this case it would just be the American bloke wouldn't it?

i hope it would to be honest, at least he had thr sense to stick justin beiber and a load of guests in everton kits and have the pics plastered all over the world. Nothing like good publicity, especially as people seeing beiber in our kit will want our kit, learn afterwards what our kit is and that is exposure in the market!

Read this on another American site this morning. But like signing a player. Start believing only when you see them with the jersey and scarf.

AGM is on soon so perfect timing to take some heat off the board and create another smokescreen

I hope im wrong but wel watch this space I suppose.
Got a link to that American site mate ?

tumblr_lv70d1epny1qia8yf.gif

People always seem to say that the board put these stories out as a 'smokescreen' or to 'take the heat off'. Does anybody have a reasonable idea of why they would do this?

I mean, it's totally and utterly counter-productive. 90% of the fan based is resigned/pleased with the current regime and is not looking for a takeover, so why would they suddenly put out a story that one was imminent - only for it to fall through AGAIN. It makes them look incompetent, adds fuel to the idea that the asking price is too high/club isn't for sale, and wakes up a percentage of the fan base who were just content to drift along.

I can understand that they might have done it once. Maybe even twice if they thought it had been successful the first time. But the idea that they 'always do it when theres an AGM, ST deadline etc' is ridiculous. I'm not a defender of the board, but it doesn't help when their actual failings get lost in a sea of conspiracy theories and made up rubbish.

People always seem to say that the board put these stories out as a 'smokescreen' or to 'take the heat off'. Does anybody have a reasonable idea of why they would do this?

In my time these stories have seemed to appear at times like season ticket renewals are due, half season tickets on sale, after a terrible transfer window, and so on.

Happened a little too often to be a coincidence.

In my time these stories have seemed to appear at times like season ticket renewals are due, half season tickets on sale, after a terrible transfer window, and so on.

Happened a little too often to be a coincidence.

So do you think it works? The fact that you and countless other thousands of people see it this way suggests that it doesn't, and hasn't for a long time. So again, why would they do it?

So do you think it works? The fact that you and countless other thousands of people see it this way suggests that it doesn't, and hasn't for a long time. So again, why would they do it?

Doubt it works mate to be honest, especially these days as people are on to it.

I think they do it as they're a bit clueless mate and like to appear to be doing 'something' rather than 'nothing'.

I mean, it's totally and utterly counter-productive. 90% of the fan based is resigned/pleased with the current regime and is not looking for a takeover, so why would they suddenly put out a story that one was imminent - only for it to fall through AGAIN. It makes them look incompetent, adds fuel to the idea that the asking price is too high/club isn't for sale, and wakes up a percentage of the fan base who were just content to drift along.

I can understand that they might have done it once. Maybe even twice if they thought it had been successful the first time. But the idea that they 'always do it when theres an AGM, ST deadline etc' is ridiculous. I'm not a defender of the board, but it doesn't help when their actual failings get lost in a sea of conspiracy theories and made up rubbish.

I often wonder why the board would roll out these rumours, but they do,appear to be at crucial times in the year.

I reckon they roll them out and watch all the forums go into overdrive, chuckling to,themselves at how thick we all are.

But I guess one day it will be true

I wonder if anything over a takeover will even happen in my lifetime. Its the golden carrot isnt it, we all hang our hope onto it yet its always out of reach.

I wonder who would be our new chairman if bill had to step down! Can't see anyone on the board stepping up, maybe elstone?

Should be first one given the chop if a takeover ever takes place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.