Everton takeover rumours

Will anything come of today's buyer/investor news?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy to be cynical, especially with our board, but there's always going to be something coming up :-

• Season Tickets go on sale
  • Summer Transfer Window
  • Accounts Due Out
  • AGM coming up
  • Winter Transfer Window
... rinse and repeat, so, if you're looking for one of the above every time there's some sort of rumour, 90% of the time, you'll find one.
haha to be fair wooly mate, how many club sourced rumours come out at particular times? Not just twitter rumour but the club starting the rumour? Take overs and the like just to sell season tickets.

My favourite still was david moyes will do his business early this year. His business was selling half the team including 2 strikers and a play maker and signing two players on loan an hour before deadline.

From what I've seen on Twitter - the ones that are spreading this rumour are the usual anti board lids who will now delight in saying "Oh aye. Takeover rumour? is it AGM time again?".....They are the ones who have started it.

It could all be true like. Can't explain their visit to Goodison - maybe they just wanted to take in a match? - maybe they're interested in buying Everton?

That's the game they play every time and people fall for it and blame the club for starting the rumours. It's a simple but extremely effective tactic.

Read this on another American site this morning. But like signing a player. Start believing only when you see them with the jersey and scarf.

AGM is on soon so perfect timing to take some heat off the board and create another smokescreen

I hope im wrong but wel watch this space I suppose.
A jersey and a scarf aren't signs that a deal is done. Neither is the fella doing keepy ups in front of the crowd. Michael Knighton? Was that his name?

haha to be fair wooly mate, how many club sourced rumours come out at particular times? Not just twitter rumour but the club starting the rumour? Take overs and the like just to sell season tickets.

My favourite still was david moyes will do his business early this year. His business was selling half the team including 2 strikers and a play maker and signing two players on loan an hour before deadline.

Our board have an undoubted talent for shooting themselves in the foot mate, but it doesn't mean that they start every rumour. I've no idea if this rumour has any legs or if it was started by the club, but it all seems a bit tenous either way.

edit : Well, it did seem tenous and then Danny went and posted that tweet from the BBC !

*phones broker with instructions to buy.

Oh, are they trying to sell some season tickets? Cos that's when these sort of rumours usually pop up.

Sounds like the interest is genuine. Don't particularly rate mcnulty's football nous but he's a blue and won't put out spurious stuff on such a sensitive subject for evertonians

BAZ3gLD.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back